Diana 48

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
Cant believe Im even thinking about this. The vortex around the pellet gun (airgun) (air rifle) rabbit hole is pulling me in.

Any of you own a Diana 48. I like the theory about a fixed barrel. The Dianas also have a reputation for accuracy. I see a number of you tubers have installed an upgrade kit.
I really would like a synthetic stock also, this gun doesn't have one. When I take a pellet gun somewhere it only gets the privileged of riding in the back seat on the floor. If I want to use it I dont want to take the time to get it uncased and such.

i've shot a few gas ram break barrel airguns and i much prefer old school metal spring power plants , but the gas ram certainly has a lot of fans . everything isn't for everybody . $500 is a lot to pay for a beater airgun laying in the back seat or floorboard IMO but everything isn't for everybody . for $500 you can get a decent PCP and handpump . also ..... those anti bear traps have been known to fail and chop finger tips when loading a pellet . i'm scared to death of them myself ! but once again ..... everything isn't for everybody .

i've got a old school german diana 34 and it is very nice for a springer , but i rarely shoot it since i got my PCP gauntlet . zero recoil is a wonderful thing :) .

I jumped on the PCP wagon a few years back with a Benjamin Discovery and a Gamo Urban(by BSA). Im hooked on the PCPs for sure. Mods and upgrades are a little tougher than MLs but still great fun. Ive never had my hands on a Diana 48, but im keeping watch for one now, and a TX200.

Have played with the break barrel along time, with everything needed for a PCP, old man budget just don't get it. But I do lust after a FX Crown or MK-lll😉

The Diana 48/52 is (was) available in .177. .22, AND .25. I am fortunate enough to have all three! Each serve their purpose, but the .25 REALLY makes a mark! Don't forget to use the "artillery hold!"

Have played with the break barrel along time, with everything needed for a PCP, old man budget just don't get it. But I do lust after a FX Crown or MK-lll😉
i got a $45 chinese HIVEE hand pump when i got my $300 umarex 3 years ago . everything still works fine , but maybe i'm lucky . those electric pumps are typically very loud , or need to be used with water cooling systems or co$t a LOT or only last a few years . everything isn't for everybody

I just got back from squirrel hunting with my crosman break barrel .177 prowler and barska scope. Before leaving I thought I would take a few shots to make sure Im still zeroed. At 18 yards the first one went about 1/4 inch high. The next three hit in an area the size of a pea. Dead nuts bulleye. Really??? What more do I want. This gun goes about 600 miles a week in the back seat on the floor. Gets bounces around and used. I need to do a trigger job on my new Beeman but that will be a winter thing. I think I just jumped out of the rabbit hole. But thank you all for encouraging (enabling :) ) comments.

Latest posts

Back