did you build or buy your smokeless ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I did do the build. If my memory is correct I believe it was 1.2 inches for the first 5 inches them tapered to a little less than an inch. Weight is roughly 11 pounds. Stock was a Boyd’s Pro Varmint. I pillared and bedded the action right off the bat. As I’m getting a little older it’s definitely not a carry gun, hence the hail bail blind in pic. I can drive sxs right behind it.

Found a donor Omega! Should be receiving a Woodman Mcgowan in a month or two. Now on to the ring/scope selection. It's an anxious but rewarding process to me.
I know Mark is a busy man. I sent Mark a brake and a load through funnel on 3-12-22 for fitting to a Brux since I wanted the brake flush with barrel. I’m still waiting but I know it will be worth it. Would like to see it soon to get it tuned in.

Ran across a Meostar R1 3-10x50 a while back that’ll probably get the starting position. I was shopping for low light performance. I hope this will do it. Anyone have any experience with that series of Meopta’s.

I put 3 Remington 700ML conversions together. I like to tinker and save a buck when I can. I bought the tools to take the old barrels off and install new ones. I did my own inletting on the stocks and installed aluminum pillars and used JB weld for the bedding job. I learned a lot along the way and the end results exceeded my expectations. All 3 use 209 primers.

1st one put together
W7ud7zk.jpg

No. 2
1yq70zl.jpg

No.3, a little lighter and put together for lighter loads using a sabot.
iFWWiZC.jpg

These two were 45-70's converted to SML's, I sent these to Bestill to convert because I don't have the tools to cut threads, maybe someday. They are lighter weight treestand/stalking SML's and use brass modules with LRM primers, also excellent shooters.
3mC4HKt.jpg

yjVVJXr.jpg
No. 3 is beautiful!

I purchased my smokeless Savage 10 ML II from the very last run Savage made on them back around 2009. Don't remember the exact year. Randy Wakeman put a group of shooters together and he spoke with Savage about making one last run. I contacted Randy and purchased one. Those were fun days. I still love the gun and it shoots like a dream with Win 209 primer, 5744 powder and a saboted XTP 250 gr bullet.

I purchased my smokeless Savage 10 ML II from the very last run Savage made on them back around 2009. Don't remember the exact year. Randy Wakeman put a group of shooters together and he spoke with Savage about making one last run. I contacted Randy and purchased one. Those were fun days. I still love the gun and it shoots like a dream with Win 209 primer, 5744 powder and a saboted XTP 250 gr bullet.
Thats a very popular load in the 10ML ll's

Latest posts

Back