did you build or buy your smokeless ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked out all my own components, ordered my own barrels, contoured to my own spec's, custom ordered my own stocks, I put everything together & sent it all off to my builder, on my 2nd one now. I would not be opposed to buying someone elses build, or DIY kit, as long as it was suited to me & my intended use for it. But nothing like taking your own ideas, your own design, and custom ordering everything yourself, then telling your builder " this is what I want you to do with my build ". The only thing in my mind that would be far more satisfying is to actually have the skillset & equip to build it from your own concept 100% yourself.

I have no idea how I managed to screw this post up & can't delete it. Oh well
OLD AGE. … lol

I bought a savage 10 ml 1 not a 2 from a mom and pop gun shop local back in 09 and payed $150 NIB never fired.
And I played around with for a year and try some smokeless Loads and put in the safe never to be shot again.
I got 3 REM 700 ml been thinking about turning one into smokeless but it always on the back burner.

I bought a savage 10 ml 1 not a 2 from a mom and pop gun shop local back in 09 and payed $150 NIB never fired.
And I played around with for a year and try some smokeless Loads and put in the safe never to be shot again.
I got 3 REM 700 ml been thinking about turning one into smokeless but it always on the back burner.
Sell that Savage to pay for the 700ml upgrade.
Do it.

I believe Arrowhead sells a bolthead and a ready to go on barrel and breech plug that should work on the Savage 10ML model 1.

Any local gunsmith should be able to help you put it together, if you cannot do it yourself.

I believe Arrowhead sells a bolthead and a ready to go on barrel and breech plug that should work on the Savage 10ML model 1.

Any local gunsmith should be able to help you put it together, if you cannot do it yourself.

I believe you are Correct, that Savage 10ML 1 is the same as the CF 110. That Slotted Savage Bolthead that Luke sells works Great with the LRMP Modules. And Luke or Hankins sell Small Shank Prefit barrels which are simple to install with a few tools 👍

I'm building mine. Just finished the last build for a customer so I can build something for me. All the parts came in last week. 1:20 brux, hankins plug and brake. Picked up a grayboe stock off a forum a month or two ago. Going to use a left hand rem 700 for the action that I've had forever. Should have the metal done this week. Maybe the stock too, we'll see!

I bought a converted Encore barrel off a guy on Doug's Message Board years back. It would not lock up on my frame. I sent it to the builder in Ohio. A guy named Cole. Cole had a fire at his shop while my gun was there to be fit to my frame. His insurance paid him for the losses from the fire. He ended up sending me a brand new Arrowhead Encore rifle with an MGM Brux barrel.
I made out like a fat rat in a cheese factory. It's a great gun.

I do not think he ever got back in the business after that. I have not seen him on the site almost since that time.

I believe you are Correct, that Savage 10ML 1 is the same as the CF 110. That Slotted Savage Bolthead that Luke sells works Great with the LRMP Modules. And Luke or Hankins sell Small Shank Prefit barrels which are simple to install with a few tools 👍
Less than 800 dollars including shipping is the deal of the century, on a rifle that will shoot a 275 grain bullet at 2800 fps. We are talking about a muzzleloader which can easily kill deer at 400 yards and has more energy than a 30-06.

I cannot build you a 700 ML rifle for anything near that price, even if you supply the action.

I bought all of my four:
1) NEF SideKick 2004 - upgraded with .25 ACP breech plug and now with the "sub-zero headspace" 209 5/8" bp. My Precious.
2) T/C Impact 2010 or 2011 - Was fiddling with that da-da-damn T7 bat guano pellet stuff and my brother brought up BH209 from a Chuck Hawk's article @ 2010, TAKE MY MONEY!!! Honey.
3) T/C Impact SB @ 2019 - I wonder if an extra 2-3 inches of rifled bore would have ruined the handling characteristics. Darlin'.
4) T/C Impact SB New Old Stock 10MAR23 - How could I not? Babe, Darlin's twin sister.
77gr BH 209 weighed PACT DP Scale, CCI or WIN 209, Barnes 290gr T-EZ FB

I built my first back when Luke had the pacnors set up for the 700 MZ. Man that thing shoots. This pic was one of our 1600 acre deer farms in Dorchester county Md. Sika deer haven. Late season covering a huge field. No deer had a chance if I decided to pull the trigger.

Attachments

• 87074AC4-DAFB-4CF3-80B6-AE79115BDA9F.jpeg
    87074AC4-DAFB-4CF3-80B6-AE79115BDA9F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I sent it to the builder in Ohio. A guy named Cole. Cole had a fire at his shop while my gun was there to be fit to my frame. His insurance paid him for the losses from the fire.

I Lost a .40 Cal Rem 700 ML & an additional barrel in that Fire 🔥 also ☹️ I Didn’t get a replacement rifle but the Check Cole sent was More than Fair 💰

I built my first back when Luke had the pacnors set up for the 700 MZ. Man that thing shoots. This pic was one of our 1600 acre deer farms in Dorchester county Md. Sika deer haven. Late season covering a huge field. No deer had a chance if I decided to pull the trigger.
How long is that Barrel?

Latest posts

Back