Didn’t need it, shouldn’t have bought it.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find Larry! How many of those were made?

250 of each were made but never sold all of them as far as i know. They are excellent rifles

Sweet!!
Indeed a good Elk gun - yes, you need it. lol
Looking forward to using mine next month on a Whitetail.,
A98495DF-9C8A-4C4F-AC31-C6E88F5604EF.jpeg24ECBD92-CD49-4C1C-979A-41E1321B2720.jpeg

Last edited:
Since I don't cast my own projectiles, I was thinking an order from No Excuse may be in order.

I guessing I could put a wide variety of 50 Cal pistol bullets in a 54 x 50 sabot and use BH209. Does anyone know if the max loads are the same as a Knight ( 150 /120 )?

Also, what was the relationship with Knight? I see it has a Timley trigger stmped with " Kinight " on it and has a Knight jeweled bolt which obviously came Knight production.

Since I don't cast my own projectiles, I was thinking an order from No Excuse may be in order.

I guessing I could put a wide variety of 50 Cal pistol bullets in a 54 x 50 sabot and use BH209. Does anyone know if the max loads are the same as a Knight ( 150 /120 )?

Also, what was the relationship with Knight? I see it has a Timley trigger stmped with " Kinight " on it and has a Knight jeweled bolt which obviously came Knight production.

Why do you think its called a 54-120?......120gr max

Its not a Timney. Its a Vehr aka Velocity trigger. Tom Vehr worked for both Timney and Knight over the years before starting his own company.
https://velocitytriggers.com/about/
The GMB 54-120 were made during the time Knight was not selling rifles. Knight was only providing service and parts at that time. Knight and GMB were owned by the same parent company EBSCO .
https://www.ebscoind.com/about-us/timeline/90s-80s/

Modern Muzzleloading, the manufacturer and marketer of Knight Rifles and its subsidiary, Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Company, Inc., were acquired by EBSCO Industries

One a side note if you want a fantastic bullet for 54x50. Look for the Speer 50cal 325gr JHP.

Last edited:
I did not know what the 120 represented. Thanks.

I generally don’t push things to the max anyway. I’m guessing around 100 max for BH209.

I’m hoping it will shoot big lead with about 80 of Swiss as it would be a great mountain rifle and it no scopes or sabots in CO.

I shot a Parker conical with a max load just to see once. Its not fun or a good idea. People like TB published loads like that and its probably borderline unsafe.

I did not know what the 120 represented. Thanks.
I’m pretty sure it’s max powder charge.
GM has a manual and possibly could verify.

I’ve shot Swiss & BH209. 75gr 2F Swiss & 60grV BH209 gave me my best groups with each.

Back