Difference Between Leupold VX-II and VX-III?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEH

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out what the differences are between the VX-II and VX-III models are? About the only thing that I can find is the VX-III have index matched lens and the VX-II don't. Anything else big that I am missing?

Thank you,

James

VX-III has finger-adjustable 1/4-MOA clicks with resettable pointer dials vs. VX-IIs 1/4-MOA click adjustments(coin). The VX-II is certainly the bargain of the two.

If you want their newer offerings like the 1.75-6x32mm or 2.5-8x36mm you'll need to buy the VX-III. In addition, I believe the B&C reticle is only available in the VX-III

In certain instances it may also make sense to consider purchasing a Vari-X III model as well. Due to the fact that they are no longer considered the "current" model you can often find them NIB at a decent discount to the cost of a new VX-III.

Personally I own one of each and believe the optics are clearer in the Vari-X III

Great scopes - both of them

I have both as well and the views in III's jump out compared with the II's and it gets more pronounced as the light get dimmer. They have coatings on all the internal lenses in addition to the 2 outside lenses which makes a huge difference in light gathering or more accurately, less light scattering when it passes from lense to lense inside the scope. When it's too dark to see with your naked eye you can see amazing definition through the scope. Can't go wrong with either Leupold, lifetime no questions asked guarantee. If you do buy a II though, don't look at III or you'll want one of those and don't even think of looking through their top of the line series or you'll be selling your truck to fund the purchase, or like me, selling your Vari-X III.

Latest posts

Back