Digital Scales

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum

Reaction score
Im going to be looking for an inexpensive digital scale for weighing home cast bullets figuring it would be quicker than my beam scale and accurate enough for that task. I'm looking for some feedback on them. Thanks in advance.
Magnum

I just bought one off amazon Frankford Arsenol DS 750. I like it so far very easy to use and wont break the bank. I use mine for exactly that weighing cast bullets.

I have a Franford as well, I mainly weigh bullets on it, i have a bullet that weighs 409 Grains sitting beside my scale that i check with to make sure it always reads right and so far it always has. I weigh blackpowder charges out with it as well, i have always trusted it, BUT one has to keep in mind that it is an electronic device and can fail, a beam scale is truly the way to go for powder, i have a really nice RCBS 10/10 beam, i have checked the little digital with it MANY times and it's always right on. Be careful with your digital scales and dont bang them around, drop etc. i will say that i have ALWAYS babied mine

I use a Cabelas XT1500 electronic scale. I have had it for years and I do have to admit that I do baby it . However it has served me well for measuring up my BH209 loads.

I have the prior model of the Franksford DS750 scale and it is my go to scale. Never had a problem with it and still use it today. I think back then I paid around $15-19 for it.

You won't regret buying the DS750 model.

Well I just weighed some bullets using my new Frankford Arsenal scale. Not bad for the money I guess. Weights matched my RCBS beam scale very close and this thing sure is quicker than the beam scale.
Thanks for the input.

Magnum said:
Well I just weighed some bullets using my new Frankford Arsenal scale. Not bad for the money I guess. Weights matched my RCBS beam scale very close and this thing sure is quicker than the beam scale.
Thanks for the input.

I love my Frankford Arsenal! I have weighed well over 100 pounds of bullets on mine this summer alone, i check it now and then with my RCBS beam scale and it has always been right on. Very quick and simple way to weigh out a bunch of fresh cast bullets to sort/cull etc. Again I think the key to longevity is baby it, dont drop Bullets on it etc. Mine has worked flawless for several years now, i think I've owned mine about 5 years? In the years ive owned it I've used it a BUNCH!

I have a Frankford Arsenal I use for weighing bullets, broad heads and spot checkingnpowder throws.

I always calibrate it before weighing and carefully verify it against my beam scale if Im weighing powder.

For these types of jobs it's serviceable. I'm going to upgrade to a Gemtech for powder and then relegate the Frankgird digital scale to bullets and broad heads only.

Back