Do all dogs go to heaven?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For decades I rescued and rehabilitated large breed, aggressive dogs that were scheduled to be euthanized for behavioral problems.

I took in one schizophrenic female chihuahua and was bitten more times by that single 5 lb lap dog, than from all the other 50 to 130 lb "dangerous breed" dogs combined.

I've often said that if chihuahuas weighed 50 lbs, every one of them would have to be kept in solitary confinement for life.

The chihuahuas in my neighborhood used to run loose. Their owners would just let them run loose. They never really bothered anyone though. But you couldn’t get close to them. The worse was when we baby sat a little tiny mix breed black female dog. She was in heat and we were stuck with five of those ankle biters outside all wanting to meet her. At present all of the chihuahuas are gone after some coyotes or bobcats came thorough and solved the problem for us. We told the people to not let their dogs run loose but they would not listen. Yeah all dogs go to heaven.

Never had any trouble with 45yrs of Lapradors nor the Curly Coat that was soft as a brush but a total Mutt. O.D.

always had labs and never had a problem with any of them.
I always had farm dogs. Labs and setters mixed with whatever was down the road. Excellent dogs all except I bought a pure Lab with papers. He was dominant to the extreme and if he felt like listening to me he might turn his head but continue to walk away. Paid $350.00 for him 30 years ago. One day he irritated me and I had my Hawken loaded for a deer hunt. I leveled off on the back of his head and was taking the slack up in the trigger. (Not my finest moment) At that split second my first born (about 3 at the time) knocked on the window with a big smile and waved. Another rmillisecond and he would had nightmares for life.

Got rid of that dog that very day. Ill never buy a dog again and have been perfectly happy with my loving farm dogs. I miss them all but him not so much.

I always had hunting dog, bird dogs in particular. All great uniting companions, Brittany Spaniel, German Shorthair, Chesapeake Bay retriever , beagle for a few. Loved them all, but as I got to be an “old man” I thought I better not get another hunting dog, too much chasing. So, I bought a Wire Haired Fox Terrier, no more hunting dogs for me, or though I thought. Then I met Ben!
He is a hunting machine, he has already caught 8 or 10 squirrels in my back yard, mice , chipmunks and any other small creatures don’t stand a chance! I guess I will be going squirrel hunting this fall, great dogs, so much energy!IMG_0915.jpeg

Or Taco Bell commercials.
20+ years ago, my rescue Chihuahua had spent her entire first year of life in a small pet carrier and was only let out once per day . . . probably what made her extra crazy and dangerous.

She liked to go for rides in my Geo Metro and wanted to see everything. She'd stand in my lap putting both front paws on top of the steering wheel. As I turned the wheel, she would walk her paws back and forth across the wheel to keep herself supported. If I held the bottom half of the steering wheel, it looked like the dog was driving.

I'd always "let the dog drive" up to Taco Bell's window. The kids working inside would look so surprised and then burst out laughing when they realized what I was doing. They liked the dog so much they would buy small treats for her, but I never let them pet her. I knew "firsthand" she could (and would) bite all the way through a finger.

20+ years ago, my rescue Chihuahua had spent her entire first year of life in a small pet carrier and was only let out once per day . . . probably what made her extra crazy and dangerous.

She liked to go for rides in my Geo Metro and wanted to see everything. She'd stand in my lap putting both front paws on top of the steering wheel. As I turned the wheel, she would walk her paws back and forth across the wheel to keep herself supported. If I held the bottom half of the steering wheel, it looked like the dog was driving.

I'd always "let the dog drive" up to Taco Bell's window. The kids working inside would look so surprised and then burst out laughing when they realized what I was doing. They liked the dog so much they would buy small treats for her, but I never let them pet her. I knew "firsthand" she could (and would) bite all the way through a finger.
Nice story, TY

Latest posts

Back