down to 2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flitz

Reaction score
my choices are down to 2. sidekick black stainless or
omega black stainless. prefered stock regular or thumbhole?

thanks

I'd spend the extra money and go for the Omega. The sidekick is a fine rifle, accurate, great trigger pull, but has a few shortcomings. Breech Plug is a pain to remove and the ramrod has to be extended to use and then must be returned to its smaller size in order to be able to be returned to under the bbl. Can you just imagine trying to reload while hunting??

Ed

Between the two Omega for sure.

Although if its legal in your state, I would get a Savage

I've never had to hurry to reload while hunting. I think that's the main point of ML'ing--one shot is all you get!

Mountain Man said:
I've never had to hurry to reload while hunting. I think that's the main point of ML'ing--one shot is all you get!

Unless you plan on killing more than one deer. :D :D

Omegas are nice.
elkstalkr said:
Mountain Man said:

Unless you plan on killing more than one deer. :D :D

In mississippi you can kill a buck and doe on the same day.I've done this twice with a muzzleloader.Kill one deer and reload before the smoke clears and kill another.Could have done it a few more times,but dealing with one deer at a time is, too, much for an old man.

flitz said:
my choices are down to 2. sidekick black stainless or
omega black stainless. prefered stock regular or thumbhole?

The T/C Omega, definitely! :yeah: I also prefer the regular stock on a hunting rifle.

T C Omege for sure , with a 26' power rod is about all you need .
Sundowner

sundowner said:
T C Omege for sure , with a 26' power rod is about all you need .
Sundowner

definately gotta have a 26 ft powerrod :lol: :lol:

Back