East Texas here

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir, What can I help you with?
Trying to rap my brain around powders. From what I've read 209 must have more punch than 777. I'm using 777 ffg and going by weight. When I weigh out 80 grn of powder and pour in a tube it shows 90 grn on tube. So what I'm taking in is volume is different from weight. Yet weight will be more consistent.

Trying to rap my brain around powders. From what I've read 209 must have more punch than 777. I'm using 777 ffg and going by weight. When I weigh out 80 grn of powder and pour in a tube it shows 90 grn on tube. So what I'm taking in is volume is different from weight. Yet weight will be more consistent.

Ya you don't wanna mix up weight for volume measurements. If you were to load volume charge as weight you could be looking at a possibility of a failure. Bit yes when weighing powder you cam be much more precise and consistent with poi. Do your research and ask questions.

Ya you don't wanna mix up weight for volume measurements. If you were to load volume charge as weight you could be looking at a possibility of a failure. Bit yes when weighing powder you cam be much more precise and consistent with poi. Do your research and ask questions.
I've been shooting 777 at 80,85 &90 by wt shooting a BD 290 seens to be okay

Back