Elevation maxed out on new scope..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbuck28

Reaction score
So my wife is awesome and bought me a Vortes HSLR 4x16x44. I mounted it on my T/c Prohunter with a weaver base and medium vortex rings.. after zeroing the gun at 100 I start to turn the turret to adjust to 6 MOA to shoot 200 and the scope turret will only go to 4.5!!!!! Ive done some research and ordered a 20MOA base..... Any suggestions? Think that will solve my problem? Im new to adjustable turrets.

Also any reason why most of my shots wold be high after i shoot the MOA the calculator calls for? Only things I'm not 100% certain is, is scope height i usually set it for 1.5". I shot 10 rounds threw my chrono so i don't think i messed that up.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and time.

Seems something is not correct with the rings, base, etc.. with less than 5 moa left in scope.
Like Encore said, the scope has 75moa total. One would hope you'd be close to center (understanding a few moa off, +/- 5-10 moa) still allowing you 25 or so moa.
You might also check on Burris Signature Series rings with the inserts.. another option to cant the scope. I believe they are now making 20moa rings for 30mm.

Called and spoke to vortex they agreed that the 20 MOA would fix my problem.... Didn't think anything was weird with it..... I have no idea.. Im going to give the base a whirl and see what happens..

Back