Elite or Extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaw45

Reaction score
I am going to get a ML to hunt deer this year, probably a Knight. But
everybody is talking about their Knight disc Elite. I don't see the Elite on Knight's web page. Is it the Elite the same thing as the Extreme?

An Elite is an Extreme with a forked recoil lug, contoured barrel, and no open sights. It's no longer made by Knight.

Extreme

Is the extreme as accurate as the elite? As good? Or what about the Master Hunter Extreme?

The Elite is more accurate out of the box than most Extremes. Skip the Master Hunter Extreme. All the Master version has that the regular extreme doesn't is 2 thumbhole stocks (one synthetic, one laminate), a jeweled bolt, cryofreezed barrel, an extendable ramrod, and I think a different trigger.

I own 2 of the Extremes. One's a .45 that the jury is still out on and the other is a .50 and is my favorite gun ever. It's one of the first 500 Extremes made and I got it the spring it came out. It's not the prettiest, fanciest, or even the most accurate. I wouldn't trade it for anything. When it absolutely, positively has to die, I grab that .50 cal Extreme.

Hey Outlaw! :D

Here's some reading for you to help you make up your mind.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/most_accurate ... oaders.htm

Both Elites and Extremes are great guns. My go to gun is the Elite 50.

I agree with everything Patrick said. If you want a MZ that carries and points like a high power, then the Elite is for you. With 110-120 gr. 777 ffg and 200gr. Shockwave the thing will shoot as accurate as you and your scope will permit.
Even though they are not made any more they are still out there to be found. As said earlier there is one hell of a deal on Buy sell and Trade.

Or if money permits you may want to try the new Encore Pro Hunter.

Nic_58 said:
Patrick White said:
It's no longer made by Knight.
BUT, there is a heck of a deal on an Elite on the Buy, Sell, and Trade Forum...... :idea: Can't believe someone hasn't snatched it up already!
http://modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3995

If I wanted a muzzleloader TODAY, that's the one I'd get. I've owned two Knight Disc Elite 50s, BOTH have been VERY accurate right out of the box with a variety of load combinations. I'd have no issues buying from Flatland Hunter(Robbie) WHATSOEVER.

You better get it before someone else comes to their senses!

How does the Elite, with a moderate size scope (2-7x32/35 or 3-9x40), handle in comparison to the Savage with a laminated stock and a similar scope? It looks like they are almost the same in gross weight.

I love my Savage, but it is a bit heavy, and maybe a touch muzzle-heavy, for quick snap shooting. I would like a reliable, accurate, quick-handling ML to carry when I'm backpacking into a hunting area or just hunting thick stuff where I may have deer suddenly appear very close. The answer, obviously, is a NULA, but I've got other gear I want to get before I can shell out that much cash. So, I'm interested in the Elite, but not sure that it's really what I'm looking for.

Yea? Nay?

I found the Elite to be lighter and slimmer (stock) than both of my Whites... just got in a syn MLII and haven't compared the two. Even with a 26" barrel I found it to be very quick pointing... understand in an ML I have never had one under 24". My daughter's 22" doesn't count, still sizing it to fit her. The Elite barrel and action is all one piece... looks very sleek. That is the one thing I do not like about the Savage. The Knight somposite stocks are excellent... especially when compared to the tupperware of TC, Savage, etc.

I have had 2 other Elites in blue and both were shooters (under an inch if I did my part), I just did not have time to work with the SS and now have the MLII and do not need 5 ML's to hunt 10 days in IL.

So I decided the Elite is the odd ML out, besides it will help finance all the new stuff needed for the MLII... that leaves me with some good shooters though! 3 Whites (M98 in .451, S91 in .504, and a Whitetail in .504 that is my daughters) and the MLII. In sabot shooters I would own only the Elite, MLII, and maybe the Omega (only because I have never had one).

I should add that I would own the NULA (as a sabot shooter, if it wouldn't cost me all my other ML's just to get it. :shock:

Back