Encore + Conquest = HEAVY

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doegirl

Reaction score
I went scope shopping today to replace the Banner I currently have on the Encore. I settled on a Zeiss Conquest 3X9X40. Mounted the scope on and it must of added close to two pounds to the gun. What a heavy a** scope! The clarity is nothing short of spectacular. I can't wait to take it out on the range. I'll get a hernia carrying this thing around the woods, though. :roll:
Picture064.jpg

I went scope shopping today to replace the Banner I currently have on the Encore. I settled on a Zeiss Conquest 3X9X40.

While the Bushnell Banner is a pretty good scope for the money, the Zeiss Conquest is one of the best scopes you can get for $400.00 or so. The scope weighs just over 15 ounces which is about average for a 3-9X40 scope. You'll really like that scope!

That's the exact same scope I have on my 10ML-II and it has turned out to be one of my all time favorite scopes!

the Zeiss Conquest is one of the best scopes you can get for $400.00 or so

I FULLY agree!

That's a great looking rig!

Doegirl, you might want to check out

http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/

It's free unless you want to maintain an album. You can select to resize initially or just upload as is and use the thumbnails like below - users can click the thumbnail to see larger or full sized image. Probably save some dial-up lives. :wink:

Click the thumbnail below

Underclocked said:
That's a great looking rig!

Doegirl, you might want to check out

http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/

It's free unless you want to maintain an album. You can select to resize initially or just upload as is and use the thumbnails like below - users can click the thumbnail to see larger or full sized image. Probably save some dial-up lives. :wink:

Click the thumbnail below

Great idea. My skills with digital imagery are pretty basic. I need all the help I can get! :wink:

I have the exact same Encore / Conquest combo with the Warne QD rings. Isn't it a great-feeling combo? I love carrying it, but you're right...it's heavy. I'm constantly shifting it from one hand to the other.

I'm getting sub MOA with 75 gr (by weight) 777 with 300 gr Barnes Expander and MMP HPH-12's. Best hunting bullet in the world, IMHO.

By the way...is that a custom stock? Can't tell by the photo, and my browser won't let me open it.

Latest posts

Back