Excalubur Strikes and Scores!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbythehunter

Reaction score
First time out with the Excalibur at about 15 minutes before sunset he came to eat some white oak acorns falling right around my stand! . 137 pound 5 point taken at 25 yards!  Deer was quartering towards a little (didn't know that when I shot). Entry near side liver, exit from stomach. Traveled about 200 yards. post photo on the weekend when i go to process him. Real happy. First September deer ever! Ussually don't start till October

Congrats! Our opener was today but I will wait a week or two I think. I don't like hunting when it is 90* out.

I've been hunting since Sept. 14. I've only had 2 deer in range during that time and I missed the only shot I took. You did MUCH better. Congrats!

My next hunt is Friday and then Saturday I have a permit to hunt a National Wildlife Refuge for 9 days. My luck will be that they have the place locked up tight to cheat me out of a hunt AND my permit fee.

I'm on the federal payroll too. It's called Social Security.

pato, I just got lucky with the white oak acorns falling right there near my treestand. they are very spotting and i've been waiting a number of years for those particular trees to have acorns. i think they fall early there and by the time i ussually hunt in October they are mostly gone. i have taken 4 deer from that stand in the last 7 years but i don't hunt it all that much. a few times (3 or 4) most years.  i think it will all go smooth and you will find success, but then again i'm a "cup half full" type of guy. good luck.

:cheers: :cheers: 

Congrats bobbythehunter :!:  Great way to start the season 8) 

Ray.............:shooter:

:cheers:  Nicely done bobbythehunter... and congrats on your first crossbow harvest ;)

OK Here is the crossbow deer from last Monday 

P10100723_zps1b16d77f.jpg

Congrats Bobby! I have yet to take one with my crossbow so I am jealous.

Very nice! Congratulations. Took my first CB deer 3 seasons ago & nothing since. Still, it's just beaytiful being out there.

Back