FEDERAL TROPHY COPPER

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
well guys got up early this morning, and went out to try the new FED TROPHY COPPER. First let me say that this new bullet from FED is everything they claim it is, and I would not have any problems suing this bullet on any hunt, whether is Elk, deer or anything else. It is extremely accurate, it loads easy, and it shoot great. Yes it is a little expensive, but considering the price of a hunt it is well worth it.
I only had 15 to play with and I knew I wanted to shoot all the way out to 300 yrds, and I also knew that it would take me at least two to figure out the POA at that distance, and I also knew that I was going to need to adjust the scope. That said I proceeded to shoot at 100 yrds, first group was high left all three shot, adjusted down and right shot three more, and was going to leave it where it was, but decided on one more adjustment, and I was there. I then proceeded to the 300 yrd target. First two where low, adjusted the POA and fire three more. I'm happy with how the bullet preformed, and I also recovered one as you see from the pic. I have one more pack which I'm sending out to  one of the members to test. I'm trying to get at least to more to send out to two more members for testing. Excuse the 100 yrd target, had to recycle one of my all ones.
LHR REDEMPTION
DNZ MOUNT
DOA 250
110 GR. BH209
FIOCCHI 616 PRIMERS
FED TROPHY COPPER 275.GR.
 Here are the pics.
LHRREDEMPTION040_zpsad84692c.jpg

LHRREDEMPTION038_zps6ecf851f.jpg

LHRREDEMPTION037_zps31597670.jpg

LHRREDEMPTION039_zps22fd53e6.jpg

Good shootin there Carlos , does the plastic come off the bullet in flight or after it impacted the back stop ?

:Red tup:  report civilorio.   I assume  you' re  thinking is that if it''s capable of grouping at 300 yards then it will group at 200 which is fine.   I don't see much expansion, but on the other hand I wouldn't expect much ( at 300 yards ? ) for any BP bullet given the relatively low velocity of a MLer at that range.  It would be interesting to know  the bullet's ideal expansion velocity for hunting.

Spitfire said:
Good shootin there Carlos , does the plastic come off the bullet in flight or after it impacted the back stop ?
Marty said:
:Red tup:  report civilorio.   I assume  you' re  thinking is that if it''s capable of grouping at 300 yards then it will group at 200 which is fine.   I don't see much expansion, but on the other hand I wouldn't expect much ( at 300 yards ? ) for any BP bullet given the relatively low velocity of a MLer at that range.  It would be interesting to know  the bullet's ideal expansion velocity for hunting.
Spitfire, the plastic come off after the bullet impacts, not in flight.
Marty, just remember that the soil around here is mostly sand. I know they will expand just like the Barnes once they are shot into something a bit harder. I only have three left, so I will wait until I get my hands on some more, and I guess I will have to brake down an buy another 50 cal. to test them in since I have to send the LHR back.
Carlos

Carlos,

How did they load ?  I'm confused by the design it says that the gasket (?) rides up on the bullet after firing to seal the barrel.  I'm wondering if you felt anything like the bullet pushing down on the gasket(?) when you loaded it ?  I used Trophy Copper 12 ga last year and they will hammer a deer.

Canvsbk said:
When do you think they will be available for us common folk to try?
Clyde said:
Carlos,

How did they load ?  I'm confused by the design it says that the gasket (?) rides up on the bullet after firing to seal the barrel.  I'm wondering if you felt anything like the bullet pushing down on the gasket(?) when you loaded it ?  I used Trophy Copper 12 ga last year and they will hammer a deer.
Canvsbk, I'm trying to get them right now from FEDERAL, and will post it when I get them.

Clyde, they loaded great, and no, I did not feel anything while pushing it down the barrel. I should have ran one all the way thru and push it out the back to see what it would look like. So far as I can tell it is extremely accurate, and the good thing about it you don't have to mess with a sabot.
Carlos

Good deal, by the way thanks for the BH209 i've ordered 4 cans from you guys and its been smooth sailing.

Back