Felt recoil reduction

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the field recoil version, for the largest coverage, then sew a thick slab of silicone to the inside. Works awesome. I may buy the mag plus to tryout.

The Super Mag Plus would offer the best reduction, however it's an inch thick and would throw some shooters LOP way off.

One thing I like about this Mag Plus is that it has a belt loop strap in back. I'll find out more about that too in the near future.

You are absolutely correct ENCORE50.
PAST was the original name for the company.
Been using a MAG Plus since getting into 458 SOCOM in 2002.
It might be time to purchase a few mercury recoil reduction tubes
for my turkey shotguns, also.

The Super Mag Plus would offer the best reduction, however it's an inch thick and would throw some shooters LOP way off.

One thing I like about this Mag Plus is that it has a belt loop strap in back. I'll find out more about that too in the near future.
I bought the Super Mag about a month ago and think it the slickest thing since sliced bread. I've had no issues with LOP but your right, some may.

It works great- I have one. I don't think you'll be disappointed !

Has anyone used the limbsaver airtech on a CVA Accura V2 and if so did it make a significant difference? Also, what limbsaver model? Thanks

True enough about changing the length of pull, but that can be a plus. I prefer the late season hunts, where I'll most definitely be wearing a jacket. But I still want to go to the range in July, and not wear a jacket.

For heavy recoil at L.R. try one of the supine position. Take the recoil up your spine Not down it.

I got no clue, but maybe for smokeless muzzle loaders? I find the magnum loads in black powder to be manageable, then again I am not in competitions where one could shoot sun up to sundown, probably a huge difference.

Has anyone used the limbsaver airtech on a CVA Accura V2 and if so did it make a significant difference? Also, what limbsaver model? Thanks
I havnt used the limbsaver airtech that would fit my optima v2 because I couldn't find one in stock. I put a limbsaver grind to fit classic on mine and it made a world of difference. After 11 rounds at 130-150 gr by volume of powder I would be a little sore but after that limbsaver I go 20 rounds same loads and all is good.

caldwell makes some good stuff. If I'm shooting a lot or shooting heavy recoilers I put a Limbsaver slip on pad on the butt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back