CVA Accura V2 Sling Mounts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently, I am hunting out of a climbing tree stand, and use one carabiner on each end of a 30 foot piece of 550 cord to hoist my rifle up once I reach my hunting height. My attachment point is obviously the sling. Recently, I have read a couple of people having issues with the CVA sling mounts breaking, which concerns me. I cannot afford to drop my rifle 25-30 feet and destroy the scope.

Anyway, my CVA Accura V2 has the thumbhole stock, and I discovered a solution to the possibility of the sling mounts breaking during the hoist. I am using a ladder carabiner (link below) to replace the carabiner I used to attach to the rifle sling.. I attach this carabiner through the thumbhole of the stock of the rifle. One word of warning though, use electrical tape or a finger cot on the muzzle during the hoist.

Fusion Climb Unisex Primo XL Aluminum Carabiner (https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-Climb...d=1482017348&sr=8-1&keywords=ladder+carabiner)

I don't use a carabiner for my weapon hoist but tie in the rope using several overhand knots. You could use the thumbhole on the stock and/or loop the rope around the stock & through the trigger. I always use two ropes, one for my pack & one for my weapon.

Latest posts

Back