Feral Pigs in Utah?!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 20307

Reaction score
Was driving into the nearby Walmart today and spotted a group of feral pigs. Was shocked to say the least. I had heard tale of feral pigs in Utah but had never seen any in my lifetime. Group of about 4-5, the largest being almost white the rest dark colored. Any one else seen or heard of such things?

I have never seen them in Utah.
When the Quail Creek Reservoir dam burst some 30 plus years ago, supposedly there were a bunch of domestics that got out when the fences washed away.
These were rumored to be down in the Virgin River. I went down in there a couple of times looking for them but never saw any sign of them.
There are also some on the AZ strip, but I’ve not found those either..
I’ve heard they get hunted pretty hard by a couple of guys here in St. George with dogs and have become very hard to find.
I wouldn’t doubt there are some around though. All it takes is a hole in a or under a fence.

I did dig this up from a RAC meeting transcript when I searched the DWR website for “Feral Pigs” so, I guess there are some around. I ain’t driving to Price to chase them around though.

Attachments

• 68284176-FA3B-4AD8-841F-9709B6BBBCDF.png
    68284176-FA3B-4AD8-841F-9709B6BBBCDF.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 7
My brother had a friend that lived in an old farmhouse in the outskirts of the Salt Lake valley. He had a feral pig living near his home. He waited years for it to get big and fat and then shot it. It, apparently was a loner.

Latest posts

Back