Finally a Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I would really like to own that dont cost over a grand. Under 5 pounds with a mini action and a carbon fiber stock. Plus its about perfect round for deer in a feather weight rig. They are available cheaper also with the regular stock and a 20" barrel. The stock alone is $600 at Stocky so bought later you are over a grand and 2 less inches of barrel.

Howa Carbon Stalker in 6.5 Grendel
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/howa-carbon-stalker-65-grendel-rifle-review/454845

It would be pretty cool if this mini-howa 45 Cal muzzleloader I got sitting in the closet would fit in one of those,, mini-howa I have in 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39 and 450 Bushmaster all shoot a quarter inch, with factory ammo. also make excellent rifles for teenagers first rifle!

I just love the idea of very little recoil and less muzzle blast than a similar 6.5. All wrapped up in a sub 7lb rifle ready to hunt. That weight is low enough even a nice rail/rings and a 20ish oz scope is still possible. Ive shot some little rifles like the Rem600 and the blast even from a 243 is a tad annoying sometimes in a short barrel. The Grendel uses so little powder. 130gr bullet at about 2500fps should shoot like a laser out to 250. Point and shoot simplicity.

It would be pretty cool if this mini-howa 45 Cal muzzleloader I got sitting in the closet would fit in one of those,, mini-howa I have in 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39 and 450 Bushmaster all shoot a quarter inch, with factory ammo. also make excellent rifles for teenagers first rifle!
How do you like that muzzleloader? It seems like a good setup. I know youve told me a little bit about it, but im getting that CRS syndrome(Cant Remember Squat)

One of the best handling easiest to shoot muzzleloaders that I have the Douglas barrel shoots everything I put in it,, the hankins plug just barely fit through the front of that action actually had to Chuck it up and knock just a little bit off of the outside of it but I had to on the other one I built two of them it's a great little rifle to build a muzzleloader on.

The cheaper version is under $500. Other than the stock the main difference is the standard mini Howa Grendel has a 20" barrel with a heavier contour and its threaded. You can buy just the barreled action too but its not a whole lot cheaper. Around $440 or so at Brownwells.

In the field im just not confident to shoot past 200 yards. Mainly because i dont have any place i can practice. All the public ranges here are 100 and at my buddies place we only have around 150ish without cutting down a bunch of trees. The Grendel is not all that impressive in energy but when you look at how it flies ifs just fine for deer within the range many hunters are able to shoot.

Zero at 150 and you pretty much have a point and shoot to beyond 250. Its within 6" of the line of sight the entire flight. The recoil is low so its youth and recoil sensitive friendly. Most of all if you reload it takes less than 35gr of powder.

Pretty impressive little round that checks all the boxes.
https://www.nosler.com/65-grendel

I couldn't agree more,, I've also taken one of my minis and purchase a 6arc barrel from preferred barrels it's half MOA out to 600 yd basically the Grendel case with a 6 mm bullet in it,, I've grown quite fond of the two-stage trigger .

Just as a comparison. A New Ultra Light Arms model 20 would set you back over $4000 and probably over a year wait to get it. Sure its a super nice rifle but......$3000 more nicer?.....I can think of a ton of things that i could spend that kinda dough on like "alpha glass and mounts" and still have cash left over.

The 20" barrel in their regular stock is a claimed 6lbs. Ive seen a video with a 22" in a plain green stock but its not listed in the new catalog. So lets say you get a current model for as low as $470, add a Murphy titanium rail in black $230ish, Vortex Pro rings and the SII Big Sky i already have. Thats $700 total for me since i already have the rings and scope. :p The SIIB scope is 15.4oz. Rings and rail would be under 5oz....I think. EGW also has a 7075 rail for $70 that looks pretty good.

Im going to keep looking for the 22" barrel they sold at one time before i decided how much i want to spend. Under $600 is doable with the EGW HD 7075 rail.

The cheaper version is under $500. Other than the stock the main difference is the standard mini Howa Grendel has a 20" barrel with a heavier contour and its threaded. You can buy just the barreled action too but its not a whole lot cheaper. Around $440 or so at Brownwells.

In the field im just not confident to shoot past 200 yards. Mainly because i dont have any place i can practice. All the public ranges here are 100 and at my buddies place we only have around 150ish without cutting down a bunch of trees. The Grendel is not all that impressive in energy but when you look at how it flies ifs just fine for deer within the range many hunters are able to shoot.

Zero at 150 and you pretty much have a point and shoot to beyond 250. Its within 6" of the line of sight the entire flight. The recoil is low so its youth and recoil sensitive friendly. Most of all if you reload it takes less than 35gr of powder.

Pretty impressive little round that checks all the boxes.
https://www.nosler.com/65-grendel
I built an 6.5 Grendel AR with the good stuff. Shoots 0.5 moa with Hornady 123g SSTs (I stocked up years ago). Joy to shoot... Hopefully can get back to reloading this winter..

I just love the idea of very little recoil and less muzzle blast than a similar 6.5. All wrapped up in a sub 7lb rifle ready to hunt. That weight is low enough even a nice rail/rings and a 20ish oz scope is still possible. Ive shot some little rifles like the Rem600 and the blast even from a 243 is a tad annoying sometimes in a short barrel. The Grendel uses so little powder. 130gr bullet at about 2500fps should shoot like a laser out to 250. Point and shoot simplicity.

Have you looked at the 6mm ARC? In the carbon stalker itvwoukd be an awesome rifle. Super light able t9 handle bigger bullets than a 243.
It's threaded for a suppressor.
I've been thinking about one for my grandkids and I woukd borrow it 🤣🤣

6.5 Grendel Contender
Grendel.jpg
a walkabout rifle
Do you really need more than one bullet?

Where can i get the Howa mini 6.5 grendel for $470 - & which variant is $600 ? I looked a little Sunday & everything i saw was 900

I assembled my 6.5 Grendel from Anderson parts and a Spinta Bbl for $660
6.5 build sm.JPG
Built the stainless forearm and had a jamb nut welded to the rear

heck i just want to leave it as a rifle in 6.5 grendle lol. Calling some FFL buddies of mine to see if they can receive 1 for me

Where can i get the Howa mini 6.5 grendel for $470 - & which variant is $600 ? I looked a little Sunday & everything i saw was 900

I see them in Cabela's used section on occasion for $500, Buds has 'em around that price, they are a "in stock" thing at Bass Pro/Cabelas new, Elk Country Arms and Ammo... I have one in 762x39 and I love it. MUCH better rifle than my Ruger American in 300bo.

Elk Country, black stock, $500 - Legacy Howa M1500 Mini Action 6.5 Grendel 22" TB 5 Rds Black HMA60602+ - Elk Co. Ammo & Arms - these guys are good vendors, I've bought twice from them.

Back