First Generation Remington 700 Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sealer

Reaction score
As the title says, set up to use 209's - can I shoot Blackhorn in this smokepole ?
TIA, Dennis

Blackhorn will not fire with the Remington 209 conversion kit, the 209 primer is not fully sealed in that breech plug and causes hang fires. Badger Ridge makes a conversion for the 700ml to fire Blackhorn.
What 209 kit is your Remington now?

Blackhorn will not fire with the Remington 209 conversion kit, the 209 primer is not fully sealed in that breech plug and causes hang fires. Badger Ridge makes a conversion for the 700ml to fire Blackhorn.
What 209 kit is your Remington now?

I don't know, I bought the gun second hand.
How can I tell ?
Dennis

shooting blackhorn with the slam fire ignition will misfire badly and the pressure from said powder will force the plunger back and sometimes recock the bolt. this can not be good for gun and shooter

If you can take and post a picture of the breech plug outta the gun. Lots of knowledge and help on this site, someone will be able to help.

It's not a Badger Ridge, I just seen a picture of the bolt nose and mine is different.
Dennis

Latest posts

Back