First Muzzleloader Ever!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc2925

Reaction score
Hello to all from a brand new muzzleloader owner in South Carolina. I have just bought my first muzzleloader, a CVA Wolf .50 caliber. She is all black with a Konus 3x9 power scope. I have never shot, handled or ever seen a muzzleloader fired in my 50+ years. I know I will be reading a bunch of posts and probably have several questions. My dealer teaches a muzzleloader class at the end of summer before hunting season starts and I have already signed up for that class. Glad to be here with you folks and I hope to post pics of my new rifle soon, and this fall Good Lord Willing, pics of my first deer taken with my new CVA! Happy to finally be here, K.C.

I shoot an Optima. The CVA rifles are good shooters. I am sure you will find a good load and be knocking down deer in no time.

Some people will tell you to shoot Powerbelts. Including CVA. Remember, they sell Powerbelts. There are other projectiles out there, for a lot less money that will do a lot better in the field according to some of the range reports I have read. Although I am the first to admit.. a 245 grain Powerbelt in my Optima is a darn good shooting projectile. And while I am sure I could kill deer with it.. I shoot a 240 grain Hornady XTP in a black sabot. Excellent projectile and much less expensive.

Taking that class is a very good idea. Any questions you have.. just ask. There are posts that you can read that might help you get started. And Welcome to the forum...

:D

WELCOME ABOARD :!: You have come to the right place.........

Ray......... :wink:

Welcome to the Forum KC! The CVA Wolf is a very good rifle. My Nephew has one and he takes deer every year with it. Check out the Stickys in the "New to Muzzleloading" section. There is some great info there. Anything you have a question on don't hesitate to ask.

and By all means HAVE FUN!!! :D

Latest posts

Back