First Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosehunt2

Reaction score
My first official post Yee Haa. I am looking into buying my first muzzleloader for deer hunting. After doing a great deal of research I think I finally narrowed it down to a T/C Omega. The reason I picked the Omega is basically it's simplicity. Do you guy's think this would be a good gun for me? TIA!!!

P.S. This is one awesome forum with a ton of fantastic info. available to the muzzleloading community.

goosehunt2,

I recently got the TC Omega X7, and I was pleased with it on initial inspection. I haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet, that comes in December. I have read a lot of favorable comment on the Omega too.

Good hunting...jim

Welcome to the forum. I don't think you can go wrong with an Omega, unless your state won't allow you to hunt with sabots. Omegas don't usualy shoot conicals too well. Bass Pro has a blued/black synthetic stocked one on sale for $299. There is a notation that quanties are limited and you might have to back order. If your not in a hurry that is a good price.

My cousin just got one (stainless/black synthetic) and seems to be very pleased with it :)

Whitesmoke

goosehunt2 - The Omega is an excellent rifle. If you have a Dicks Sporting Goods store nearby you might give them a try. A few weeks ago my friend bought a Camo, Thumbhole, SS barrel Omega for $430 at a store in Kansas City. These are the ones that are a little older (model wise) without the fluted barrel but it is still a great gun.

Curtis

Omega for you

First, the Omega barrels and the Encore barrels are manufactured the same so you won't see any difference there. The Omega is a excellent choice and has a good trigger. It should shoot just as well as any T/C
rifle Pro hunter or Encore. :D :D

Choc-dog

HunterJim said:
goosehunt2,

I recently got the TC Omega X7, and I was pleased with it on initial inspection. I haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet, that comes in December. I have read a lot of favorable comment on the Omega too.

Good hunting...jim

I got my Omega X7 here today! VERY nice looking rifle! Grouse and I looked at them at the Cabelas in Ft Worth and I knew I had to have one. In fact, this will be my third Omega. I have also owned stainless/synthetics in both .50 and .45cal. Both were great guns. Accuracy, quality, and clean-up ease are all there. I think that would be a fine choice!

Guy's, Thank you so much for all of the positive reply's I really do appreciate it!!! I sure was hoping that all of the research would pay off. Now I am going to be on the prowl for an Omega. Once again, Thank you.

I saw my rifle at Cabelas too, the new store in Lehi, Utah. My wife and I shouldered the gun, and it was a reasonable fit for both of us. I like it that it comes with an aperture rear sight.

When I brought the rifle home from the office after teh UPS Package Car delivered, she first said "What's that?". Pretty soon she was saying "My rifle...".

jim

Back