First time IL Deer Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzzle Man

Reaction score
November 30 will be my first time to hunt deer here in Central IL. That's right, a 50 year old virgin so to speak. I enjoy shooting muzzle loaders and will take my TC Black Diamond out for my first try. I also have an old CVA kit gun , both .50 that I may try to use my Doe tag on. I went with the Muzzle Loader only tags and got one of each in my small county, so I couldn't go out this weekend , the first firearm season in IL. I have a good location to hunt so we'll see what happens. I'll probably put my blind up next weekend. Do I expect to fill both tags, no way, I probably won't get off a shot but just going afield may turn back the clock for me, the peace and quiet plus sharing it with my 23 year old son, his first time too will be priceless.

I WISH THE BOTH OF YOU THE BEST OF LUCK THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE FEELING OF WHEN THAT SMOKE ROLLS OUT THE END OF THE BARRLE AND YOU ARE TRYING YOUR BEST TO SEE THROUGH IT TO WATCH YOUR ANIMAL AND IT'S REACTIONS, IT IS SUCH AN AWSOME FEELING .

RON G.

LB1

Good luck and I hope you shoot the deer of your dreams!!

Back