First time shooting, a little help/insight???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmfinnegan2

Reaction score
How I'd love to get the TC prohunter or encore, I just can not afford it right now. So I went out and got the TC omega Z5.

Today was my first day at the range with it. I am using TC Shockwave superglide 250 grain, 777 loose powder, and remington 209 primers. I wet patch then dry patch after every shot.

I am consistanly hitting about 1 in low and 2-3 in to the right at 50 yards on every shot, no matter if I use 90, 95, 100, 105 grains of powder. I am using the iron (fiber optic) sights that came on it.

Although I am happy that it is grouping, I'd obvioulsy like to get it dialed in better. Is this just something I need adjust the iron sights for, or do I need to keep playing with powder loads and bullet weight/size?

Eventually someday I want to scope it, but in the meantime what do you think I should do/try?? I don't really want to go out right now and buy a bunch of different powder brands or bullet sizes/weights/brands if it is something I can fix with what I already have

Thanks for your help.

That is just a rear sight adjustment issue. Adjust the rear sight a little to the left and up a little then shoot a few more times. You can adjust your sight for any impact your are comfortable with. Remember that different loads and bullets may group differently. Your manual should tell you how to adjust your particular sight. I like to write down the adjustments for reference point next time. Make sure everything is good and tight when you finish. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back