Flintlock Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitfire1

Reaction score
Thought you might want to build this one next Bob , will go well with the Deer Creek pistol  ;) 

adoonsie005_zps87fdc921.jpg

A quarter pound of shot or a ball that heavy would use up my lead supply quickly.

I'd like to have the lock.

:affraid:  :affraid: 

THAT IS A BIG ASS BORE with a 1700 GR RB :affraid:  :affraid:  :affraid: Spit, do you use if T-REX gets a little too close :?:  :?: 

Ray.......... :Red tup:

Seriously, Spit, would a round ball from that gun be able to penetrate the vitals on an elephant??? I would think it would flatten out and not get to a lethal spot????    :confused:  :scratch:

Just joking Bob  ;)  But lead balls of that calibre has killed a lot of elephant on this continent.

Pete she has never been fired as no one is brave enough to try and control 140 + lbs of free recoil , I think upon firing she will just spin around and 'bite' who-ever is trying to hold her !

We were thinking of having some aluminium balls made up to bring the projectile weight down. I offered to try her out , was thinking of tying a rope around the barrel and hanging a weight from it to control barrel whip.

Spitfire said:
Just joking Bob  ;)  But lead balls of that calibre has killed a lot of elephant on this continent.
But I'll bet they were all fired from long arms, not pistols.

Latest posts

Back