Found a used encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasnake65

Reaction score
I found a used encore (blued) for $500 with a 308 barrel and simmons scope. IM thinking of updating the stock from the wood to the pro hunter. One question, i have heard and read alot about them with the pin getting loose and upgrading to a bigger pin and the forehand stock if you dont have that on right your groups wont tighten up, is this true or not? IM very curious about this. Plus might be looking to buy some more barrels and maybe get into a pistol grips also, can I? Any problems with the hammer being to close to the scope or update the the swing hammer?

Plus i also read about swtiching over to the the 25 ACP breech plug, anyone ever try this out? Like to hear your opinions

HAPPY SHOOTING!!!!!

A pro hunter ML barrel will cost you about $395.00 plus the cost of the newer pro hunter stocks. What you are attempting to do does not make sense unless you need or can use the 308 barrel. I put "no" value in the scope unless it is a Leopold or better brand.

I have seen "used" T/C pro hunters for sale for $500.00 to $600.00. Be patient and wait for the right rifle, it will cost you less in the long run.

Up-grading to a Bellm hinge pin for $9.00 is a good idea. I do use a 22 hornet breech plug but find the 777 primer accurate enough.

chocdog

Sry if you misunderstood me. The package is 308 barrel with scope,ML barrel with iron sights,sling,case, 2 boxes of shells for the 308,box of prodex pellets and sabots.(gun is 3yrs old)
Thanks for the info on the 22 hornet, if i do get it i'll play with the pellets and then swtich over to 777.
I do like the ease of cleaning the pro hunter compared to the older encore. Still tossing it around if i still want it or not

Latest posts

Back