Free Shipping?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Ever wondered what free shipping for something that you ordered was worth?

Especially something a little bulky?

I found out to my detriment this morning at the Post Office.

I had to pay $31.55 to send a 9 pound box back to Discount Vials in Madison, Wisconsin. Initially, the cost was to be $24.50, but upon measuring the box it was deemed to be oversized.

Now, I know that Discount Vials DID NOT eat $31.55 in order to offer free shipping.

I just find that the difference between what a commercial account is charged for postage, versus what a regular consumer is charged to be beyond disgusting.

My box only measured 9"×12"×15", yet that bumped it another $7.05.

I hear you, I sent 2 drill. Battery’s back ( wrong ones) cost me $18.00 shipping. Talk about a rip-off!:mad:

A Large Flat Rate box ships for under $20 and it dont matter how much it weighs.
https://www.easypost.com/usps-flat-rate-boxes-and-pricing
Large Box12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6" or 24-1/16" x 11-7/8" x 3-1/8"LargeFlatRateBox$18.30
In retrospect I probably should have repacked the vials into a flat rate box.

But, they were so well packed, and labeled by Discount Vials that I elected to use the original box.

And, paid a $13.25 premium to do so.

Years ago I ordered 12 doz goose decoys from Gander Mtn cause they offered free shipping. 2 UPS trucks showed up with 24 boxes that were about 30" x 30" x 40". Drriver said I don't know what you got but it's a s#!t load!

When I shop online, I always check different sites for the best deals on a single item.
Some might offer free shipping but jack up the price for the item, the extra cost covers the free shipping.
I think I always got screwed when I had to send something back.

Latest posts

Back