Freezer buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredB

Reaction score
Hunted Lexington Wildlife Management Area, Oklahoma for a few days. There were gently rolling hills, and oak forests broken by the occasional grassy field. Saw a larger bucks, and one pig, but didn't have a shot. This morning, at 7:45, this little guy walked right up on me. I'd been seated for maybe 10 minutes, and was trying to decide if I liked the spot. My deer materialized out of nowhere, no more than 20 yards away. Measured at 12 yards where I took the shot. He was slightly down the slope feeding towards me. The bullet entered just right of center on the front of his chest, and lodged under the skin on the outside of the opposite hind leg. He fell DRT. Some bucks are impressive on the wall, while others are at their best in the freezer. This one dressed out at 75lbs. He's my freezer buck.
54 cal MK85, 90gr by volume RS, 260 grain Knight sabot, circa 1995. It mushroomed nicely. Lost very little weight for such a close range shot.

Attachments

• 260gr sabot resized_10 gif.gif
    260gr sabot resized_10 gif.gif
    191.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 3 point resized_10 gif.gif
    3 point resized_10 gif.gif
    244.7 KB · Views: 211

Latest posts

Back