Frizzen sizes?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

Reaction score
Howdy folks.  
I need some info.  :?:  Can anyone tell me the measurements for a Musket Frizzen, and any other "brands" of frizzens? The measurements don't have to be with micrometers or calipers, a good tape measure or scale will be fine. :Red tup:  I need height and width of just the frizzen face, base to top, side to side.  I'm making up a bunch of Frizzen covers and would like an assortment of sizes. I have 4 here that will fit Traditions, Lyman, and TC, but Musket frizzen sizes are throwing me, can't find any info.  :confused:  Thanks guys.
God bless:
Stoney

Hi Two Feathers,

I have a couple of Flintlocks and here are the frizzed sizes:

Isaac Haines .54 Cal
  Chambers Deluxe Siler Flintlock  7/8" W x 1 7/16" H  (widest with at the bottom)

Pennsylvania Fowler .62 cal
Chambers Colonial Virginia Flintlock  1" W x 1 7/8" H  (shaped more like your thumb)

Take care,

Smokin' Joe said:
Hi Two Feathers,

I have a couple of Flintlocks and here are the frizzed sizes:

Isaac Haines .54 Cal
  Chambers Deluxe Siler Flintlock  7/8" W x 1 7/16" H  (widest with at the bottom)

Pennsylvania Fowler .62 cal
Chambers Colonial Virginia Flintlock  1" W x 1 7/8" H  (shaped more like your thumb)

Take care,
Hi Joe
Thank you very much. I'll get patterns made up for these sizes. I thought NO ONE even saw my request. I've seen the thumb shaped ones on Etsy. I have 2 different sizes on the classifieds. The taller ones will fit a frizzen that's 1-7/8" high by 5/8" across the base. I'm told that this is a Traditions and CVA size? The shorter ones will fit a Lyman or TC 7/8" wide by 1-1/4" high? Even if they didn't fit exact, they'd stop your hammer from dropping on the frizzen.
How's that primer horn working out? Thank you again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Thanks Jack
I'll write these down. I got a few from Kentucky Colonel, but more is better.
Stoney

Go to Track of the Wolf or any of the other suppliers, they have all the sizes and makes.

Latest posts

Back