Fun on my own range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Finally a great day to send a few. I put anything and everything off, because the next few days are going to be nothing but rain so, I took advantage of the sun and warmth.

Awhile back I shot some bullets Dennis had sent, including that .453". The lead tips wanted to shoot a vertical string with 84grs weight of BH, so this morning I loaded a few tubes with 75grs W and a few with 86grs W, just to see what would happen to that vertical string.

Vertical string target shot 2-22-2020...…….. charge was 84grs weight of BH209 :

IMG_1883.JPG

Todays shooting weather:

Weather today.JPG

All shooting today was bipod and rear bag.

Shot this target today with 75grs weight of BH209:

IMG_1913.JPG

I then changed up to the 86gr weight BH209 charge. This'll work :)

IMG_1914.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 8
Finally a great day to send a few. I put anything and everything off, because the next few days are going to be nothing but rain so, I took advantage of the sun and warmth.

Awhile back I shot some bullets Dennis had sent, including that .453". The lead tips wanted to shoot a vertical string with 84grs weight of BH, so this morning I loaded a few tubes with 75grs W and a few with 86grs W, just to see what would happen to that vertical string.

Vertical string target shot 2-22-2020...…….. charge was 84grs weight of BH209 :

View attachment 8267

Todays shooting weather:

View attachment 8268

All shooting today was bipod and rear bag.

Shot this target today with 75grs weight of BH209:

View attachment 8269

I then changed up to the 86gr weight BH209 charge. This'll work :)

View attachment 8270
NICE! Glad ya got some fun in the sun & some trigger therapy brotha. Thanks for sharin the target pics & load data. WOW whatta huge diff a few gr of BH makes huh. We all love seein 1 ragged hole.

Ohhweee,man,,there is only muzzleloading!!and fury bullets,, nothing else exist today,,,look at that group

Thanks guys.
It was a good day for the old man on the trigger.
Speaking of triggers..... BOY do I like that TT Diamond. Luke was right, I'm not disappointed :)
This rifle Jeff built me is remarkably accurate. I couldn't be happier and so thankful.
Once you find the correct charge, those Fury bullets are very accurate. They will be my "go to" bullet when shooting BH209.

Thanks guys.
It was a good day for the old man on the trigger.
Speaking of triggers..... BOY do I like that TT Diamond. Luke was right, I'm not disappointed :)
This rifle Jeff built me is remarkably accurate. I couldn't be happier and so thankful.
Once you find the correct charge, those Fury bullets are very accurate. They will be my "go to" bullet when shooting BH209.
Right on bud, glad ya had a great day at yer range. & thanks for sharin it all with the class. I'm amazed at what I learned today thanks to you.

It's a good barrel,, shooting one hole consistently is a lot about harmonics it definitely like that 300 grain soft-tip and 86 grains of blackhorn

It's a good barrel,, shooting one hole consistently is a lot about harmonics it definitely like that 300 grain soft-tip and 86 grains of blackhorn

I do have a LimbSaver X-ring barrel dampener I've yet to install, but until I can start shooting long range there's no need to even mess with it. We've had a really mild winter this year, the most mild since we retired and if I were to guess, the range road to the 600yd range should be good to go. However, with the lock down, the range is closed until restrictions are lifted.

Back