Fury 300g Captured

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5034.JPG

impactspeed.jpg

The bottles were fronted by carpet adhered to plywood, and a phone book was a last resort placed behind the bottles. Charge was 50 grain Blackhorn. Distance between rifle, and bottles is 25 yard. Bullet went through every bottle; was caught by the phone book.

VIDEO

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5033.JPG

IMG_5035.JPG

Man that’s pretty you could almost shoot it again. That would save a lot of money. 😂

What distance would that bullet be at when doing 1260fps with a full hunting load?

Ok, in looking at the chart. That bullet should expand at reasonable distances with a hunting load. What Ron tested would be out to 375 yds with a heavy hunting load.

I'd like to see another test with more powder.

IMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5034.JPG

impactspeed.jpg

The bottles were fronted by carpet adhered to plywood, and a phone book was a last resort placed behind the bottles. Charge was 50 grain Blackhorn. Distance between rifle, and bottles is 25 yard. Bullet went through every bottle; was caught by the phone book.

VIDEO

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5033.JPG

IMG_5035.JPG
Thanks for posting your test results. Was the really light 50g load & 25yds a scaled-down simulation of a longer range MV & KE effects on its performance? So was this test done to where the bullet was traveling within the parameters of what the bullet was designed to be shot at? This is the kind of stuff to present to Dennis & ask the whats & whys as to these results in this bullet. I've said it before, I like the heck outta Dennis & am shooting 2 types & 3 weights of Fury bullets myself in 2 diff ML's. Thankfully, that bullet is not one of them. Unless I could be shown that it is something I'm doin or not doin to cause that bullet to not perform, I wouldn't want it in my guns nor would I recommend it to anyone. Another good learning experience. Thanks for sharing it. I hope we hear from Dennis to shed some light on this.

Latest posts

Back