G - Series

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Browndogz

Reaction score
So I have a slightly rough Bison in .504 and a Whitetail .451 coming for my son (who isn't a shooter). Looking to winter projects I have read it's best to bed these actions. I haven't bedded an action before but it doesn't look that tough just make sure you use enough release agent. About the same time I am thinking I'll either dip or Cerakote one or both guns. I have read about the thin recoil lug, should I look to have a smith replace these? anything else that should be done?

The Whitetail is an early one with a short LOP and I will need to add some type of spacer.

Just bed it don't need to replace jyst make sure it's not already bent.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I have a 451 g series in the mail headed toward me. Also interested in if I need to bed or not. Will probably be shooting no excuses 460s with 80-90 grains of powder.

dozer_xj said:
I have a 451 g series in the mail headed toward me. Also interested in if I need to bed or not. Will probably be shooting no excuses 460s with 80-90 grains of powder.
If it’s got the blade lug I definitely would. If it’s a later model with square lug then it’s not necessary, although bedding is always good for accuracy :mrgreen:

Back