gettign ready for september 15 , squirrel opener here in MI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew_h1

Reaction score
hey guys thought i would post up some pics of a pair fo squirrel guns customized in over the winter and spring . first is a mossberg 802 varmint plinkster 21 inch bull barrel . mods are as follows -Bedded action ,reshaped and camo'd wood stock stock , fixed sling swivels with 1 1/4 inch m16 cotton web sling . trigger polished and tuned nice wiith no slack or over travel . breaks like glass . weaver quad lock low rings and center point AR22 3-9x32 red green IR .great scope for $60 , very bright and clear optics . also custom large bolt knob and flush fit 4 round magazine.

gun shoots clover leafs at a lasered 40 yards off an improvised rest . if i do my part i can shoot staples off the backer board resting up against a tree .
CIMG0106.jpg

CIMG0105.jpg

CIMG0104.jpg

CIMG0101.jpg

CIMG0100.jpg

CIMG0099.jpg

CIMG0098.jpg

CIMG0097.jpg

CIMG0095.jpg

CIMG0094.jpg

CIMG0092.jpg

next is a 1950s stevens 16 gauge model 94 . also have mid 70s version in 20 gauge that i fixed up . this one was beat up so i just camo'd it .i love the way these stevens shoulder and carry . great guns .
CIMG0109.jpg

CIMG0108.jpg

CIMG0107.jpg

i normally were full camo except for an orage cap . a turky hunting vest is great , has places for all my gear and a game pouch in the back . i have 2 diffrent ones . grab the vest a gun and abox of ammo and i'm all set .

any one here like to hunt squirrels ? i used to go 4 times a week until i moved . its my favorite animal to hunt . and the taste great too :) .

Matthew_h

We use to have a lot of fun hunting squirrels with scoped .22.s. I always gave them to my buddy because he liked to eat them. Never ate squirrel myself.. . how do you cook them?

Nice guns you have there especially the .22 lr!

Question from over the pond: Do you need a permission for squirrel hunting and how about saftey when shooting because most of the shoots go upwards into the trees and the bullets must come down again somewhere if no squirrel hit.

Regards

Kirrmeister

thank you . yes we do need permission , there is a small game license that covers most small game animals here it is $15 us . for safely i only shoot when i know i will hit the trunk of the tree to stop the bullet .

Back