Getting a lefty Hawken started

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Been hunting more with the right-handed Hawken I had built with Pecatonica parts in the last few years. Really enjoyed it a lot. Decided to take the plunge for a left handed version. 

Got a stock from TOTW, parts from TOTW and muzzleloaders builder supply. Shipped the whole caboodle to Tom Watson and letting him do his stuff to it. Couple of pics of the stock. Seems to have good figure. 

Barrel will be Green Mountain 54 1:70 at 34". Davis percussion lock. Hope to draw multiple tags for it next year. 
jp3edt.jpg

L22dJI.jpg

veX5yX.jpg

That's a good looking stock, is it what TOTW calls "fancy maple" or "extra fancy maple".

That one was extra fancy. It was apparently the last lefty in stock as they went to 60 days on shipping after I got it. I am thinking it will pop with some real finish on it.

Well thats a real nice stock and the rifle you have planned will be a dandy I'm sure. Be looking for some pix when you get her.

I've had probably 6 or 7 custom centerfires built. This is my second muzzleloader. I will say that Tom communicates better than anyone I have worked with previously. Really enjoying working with him. He is making steady progress. Here is latest pic he has sent. 
5tMqiy.jpg

Imagine it will be in hand by Christmas.

Tom has her stained. Wanted to confirm I liked the look and I do. Sealer next. 
xe4m97.jpg

SHoagC.jpg

nJb9ee.jpg

Couple random pics. Had a toe repair on the blank before Tom got it. It is visible in one pic. It should prove to be a good rig for the hunts I have in mind. 
nAEsOK.jpg

5HnqCk.jpg

cMR5F1.jpg

Back