Getting back into muzzleloading which rifle to get ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traditions
No SS offerings at all. They have not offered SS in years.
Plastic used in some trigger guards and action release parts
Most have no steel support around the firing pin. The alloy frame can wear badly against the 209 primer.
Nothing new about hammerless. Knight had the Vision out around 2006 and LHR had the Redemption. The Vision does not use a generic chromoly reference for barrel material. There are many CM steels. Its states 4140 CM steel.
I had a traditions vortex , it shot pretty good but it felt really cheap and not like knight or tc , it’s one of the only muzzleloaders I ever sold. I will never buy another

Best bang for the buck, CVA Accura V2 thumbhole if scoping, straight stock if not., CVA Accura MR....awesome feel, both very accurate.
Next maybe a nice used Knight online

All will perform. Once you decide then ask for help on which loads to use in whichever gun you buy.

Greg

Best bang for the buck, CVA Accura V2 thumbhole if scoping, straight stock if not., CVA Accura MR....awesome feel, both very accurate.
Next maybe a nice used Knight online

All will perform. Once you decide then ask for help on which loads to use in whichever gun you buy.

Greg
What Greg said.

kygWFcyh.jpg

I’ve been out of muzzleloaders for a while and want to get back into it. Ill deer hunt only with it. What would be a good used knight or Thompson center model to look for ? I haven’t had a muzzleloader since knight went out of business years ago. Are the new knights quality rifles or look for a older one? What model is the best bang for the buck ? thanks
If you are looking a good inline for hunting up to 200 yards, I suggest the Thompson Center Impact. It is a gun you can buy for $225 and is very accurate and dependable. I have one and love it. I put a $100 Konus muzzle loader scope on it with ballistic reticle. I have shot deer up to 125 yards with it. I will see where it hits at 150, 175, 200, 225, and 250 and put the measurements on a cheat card this winter. The gun is easy to clean too.

I’ve been out of muzzleloaders for a while and want to get back into it. Ill deer hunt only with it. What would be a good used knight or Thompson center model to look for ? I haven’t had a muzzleloader since knight went out of business years ago. Are the new knights quality rifles or look for a older one? What model is the best bang for the buck ? thanks
I bought a ramrod extension that folds up allowing it to store on the rifle. I broke it and called TC. They sent me a new one with no cost to me. TC is easy to deal with with an awesome customer service and they stand by all their warranties. I have a Knight shotgun. The nipple broke after 5 shots. I called them, waited on hold for an hour, then was told I had to purchase another one.

Latest posts

Back