Getting better with the Omega, new powder/bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Took the omega out again today. 90* with zero wind. Hotter than hell!

The last time i took this rifle out with the new powder and bullet i got a 2" group and wasnt very pleased at all.

Today i decided to switch the primer from a 777 to a Remington Kleanbore and use the new powder "Pyrodex RS" along with the new bullet, 405 grain Powerbelt Aerotip.

Huuuuge difference in what a primer can do for you!

100 yards. Two shots that are touching are 1 and 2 and the out just outside of the group was my 3rd and final shot.
Picture487-1.jpg

Taking my .54 CVA Mountain Rifle out later this evening. I was shooting 2" groups with it early this morning and am going to try a new patch and see what it does.

Omega is ready for elk season!

Picture492.jpg

Chuck, Tomorrow i am going to try out the 250gr Parker with the supplied sabot you had in the bag. 100gr RS with a winchester777 primer. I'll see how that does.

I may also try those 405's at 150yrds to see where they impact and write that down.

Got a lot of shooting to do! Now if i could get a break with this darn heat.

:x darn rain is going to make it tough to get out to the range today. I'll see if i can make it late this evening with those Parkers.

Latest posts

Back