goex in my inline?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok you got me. sooooo, was it any better than substatute powder ? it cant be any dirtier than the triple seven im using now. any other info that you have feel free to share

Real BP is dirtier, smelly, and more smokey than the subs. It also has less power depending on which one you buy. Swiss has the most power and Olde Eynsford is a close second. They are close to the power of T7. Goex has less power than all the subs.

I'm very picky about just using just real black powder in sidelocks because traditional weapons should use traditional powder. 

Sub powders were made for inlines but they also do fine with black powder. If you think T7 is dirty. You'll hate real black powder.

goex has more power than American pioneer/jim shockeys gold/black mz.

I use goex 2f in a remington 700 inline for years. I dont use pellets. If not real blackpowder than i use blackhorn 209

Go ex, Black Horn, Pyrodex, Powder or Pellets  in my opinion it is like Tamato,Tomato and Mater. 6 of one half dozen of the other. It all goes boom and pushes the bullet to the target. I prefer the powder for hunting and the pellets for target, Pick whatever works for you that leaves you with the amount of clean up you can live with and run with it.

Not Goex, but Swiss. I shoot Holy Black in all my muzzleloaders. Easy to ignite, easy to clean, no crud ring, no special breechplugs or closed breeches required. In my rifles velocity variations above 15 fps, actual not calculated, mean I'm doing something wrong. My Firehawk once shot a 10 shot string with a variation of 3 fps. Three feet per second. Over 10 shots. 300 grain Hornady XTP in a Harvester crush rib sabot over 70 grains of 3f Swiss lit with a Remington #11 cap. 1500 fps. Thought the chronograph was goin' haywire. Nope. Next load, same except for a 250 grain XTP, had a variation of 10 fps.
Almost forgot to mention, it's ACCURATE and legal everywhere.

Last edited:
Yesterday 0Dec. 7th,I88 yard double lung shot, 70 gr 3F, felt wad,.457 hand cast bullet in my White Whitetail G series percussion. I have e killed 2 nice Maine bucks, a big doe and a moose with this load. The photo is yesterday, in 2001 on Dec 7th I killed a nice non-typical with a drop tine. Same rifle, same load.

Nit Wit

Attachments

• thumbnail_20231207_163912.jpg
    thumbnail_20231207_163912.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have chronograph T7 and Swiss black powder in my knight and got about 15 to 25 fps difference with the same volume of powder. Not much difference. I didn’t shoot any goex but have seen others on this sight do it. If I am recalling correctly goex is about 100 fps slower than Swiss so let’s say roughly 125 fps slower then T7? It all boils down to preference.

Last edited:
Yesterday 0Dec. 7th,I88 yard double lung shot, 70 gr 3F, felt wad,.457 hand cast bullet in my White Whitetail G series percussion. I have e killed 2 nice Maine bucks, a big doe and a moose with this load. The photo is yesterday, in 2001 on Dec 7th I killed a nice non-typical with a drop tine. Same rifle, same load.

Nit Wit
Geez 188 yard shot/s. Congrats on the nice tick toter. That's a long poke, i don't have nary a ML sighed in past 125 yards.

I purchased a Knight 50 caliber inline in 1993 and kill about 10 deer a year with it Have always used 90 gr by volume 3f and a 360-gr pure lead conical that I mold. Killed Coyotes and Turkey with it as well all DRT...

Latest posts

Back