Going out Thursday!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Plan on going after ole linesides thursday. The water is low, cold and it's supposed to rain all day. Might not catch anything but it beats laying around looking at the puter all day.
Eat your heart out RAF! :lol:

Also here is a great site for weather, I really like the fact that on the bottom of the screen in certain locales you can get a local weather station and pull up trends on the barometric pressure. A falling barometer is always a good sign.

http://www.wunderground.com

Well it was cold rainy and windy! But here is what I caught!

:wink:

Rifleman, I am eating my heart out. It'll be 2 1/2 months before I can think of open water fishing. BUT I have plans in the works to make sure I put lots of Walleye in the skillet. :D . Am going up to the cabin tomorrow, if all works out, and should do a little hard water fishing. Hopefully can get a fish fry out of it. Would be nice to have some fresh fish for a change. This store bought stuff is OK :wink: but just can't beat fresh caught fish. YUM :yeah:

P.S. I posted up in the HUMOR a piece that would be of interest to X Military(Marine) and was thinking of you. :lol:

Well Razorback I coulda lied but then you would have wanted to see a pic and I was SOL there!
Raf 'eyes thru the ice sounds real tasty, beats the hotdog I had for lunch. :shock:

This time of year with the COLD water even a pike would be tasty. There is another fish that bites well this time of year. It's a Burbot. A freshwater cod fish actually and the UGLIEST thing I've ever seen come out of the water. They have to be skinned. Meat is actually VERY good if you can ever get past cleaning them :drool:

Isn't a burbot a lawyer (really thats what we call them). Now walleyes,perch and bluegills That is fine eating. Are those stripers just oversized white bass? We can catch white bass by the boatload up here.
No limit, Walleyes will start to come up the wolf river in a couple of weeks
Ken

Rifleman said:
Well it was cold rainy and windy! But here is what I caught!

:wink:

Not bad Rman considerin those tuff fishing conditions you encountered!!! :lol:

Back