Good 1X Scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_1129.JPG

Ever since regulation allowed us to use a one power scope, i have. Sighting through my 1X scope was like sighting through a straw; i very much dislike it. However, not being able to focus the front sight, pushed me to give up the peep sight, and use the hated 1X scope. The one power scope has put meat in the freezer, but..... The old one power isn't really a one power; it might be a 0.9 power, and as such the longer shots are harder than they should be. The shorter shots are harder than they should be.

IMG_1125.JPG

Any way, it could be, this is a good one power scope. Field of view is a way more than my old scope. This scope seems to be a true one power, not less. This new scope was mounted on an old X7, and given a try. This morning it was cool, and calm, and we got a chance to shoot. Load was 110g Blackhorn, 250g Hornady Monoflex, crush rib sabot, and W209 primer. A blank sheet of paper works best for me when using a one power scope. The cross hair covers the bull, so one cannot see where to aim. Using the blank paper, allows me to sight by looking for equal white all around the cross hair. The first target was shot at 100 yard. The first shot was from a cold clean barrel.

IMG_1127.JPG

Curious to see how i could shoot the scope at 200 yard, a move was made, and the elevation dial twisted up 5 1/2 moa. Aiming was very difficult, because the cross hair just about covers the whole world. The one shot was made at 200 yard from a cool barrel.

IMG_1128.JPG

There should be a lot of 1X scopes for sale in WI. We moved beyond the 1x restriction a handful of years ago. I never did get around to buying one, just used open sights.

I see both sides of the restriction. When given the choice I'd gladly take that magnified view. :D

I know it's a different direction, but if law allows consider an Ultradot. Dad uses a version similar to the Ultradot 6 or Matchdot on his S&W 629 and it works very well. There are different sizes of "dots" available to use so you can choose one that won't cover your target as you describe.

http://www.ultradotusa.com/

That is what I'd suggest too, 1X is just like a Red Dot sight and with your and my old eyes-I love a Red Dot. I took a Bushnell HoloSight off one of my AR-15s and put it on my T/C Impact with a weaver rail base and it was perfect. The Dot is 1 MOA, the reticle is just like the EoTec military sight and you keep both eyes open. The red dot just appears on the target like magic. Mine is very satisfayingly accurate and quick. Any Red Dot should work well.

Latest posts

Back