Got Me A New Prohunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NBK

Reaction score
Hello guys im the new guy here heard alot about this site so i thought i would join & learn a few things. I recently bought a pro hunter 209X50 & also bought the 12ga. rifled barrel. I sent the frame out to Mike Bellm to get the trigger lightened to 2 1/2lbs.stronger hammer spring & a 1X hinge pin & did the Ultra Bore Coating to the 209X50 barrel. Im shootin 250gr. Hornandy SST's & 150grs 777 just wanting to know what do i need to do to keep my T/C in tip top shape like maintenance & cleaning?

NBK

Welcome to the forum. It is good to have you here. It sounds like you have a beautiful dressed out Pro Hunter. It should serve you well. Just treat it like you would any other modern rifle. Keep it clean after you shoot it, and oil the barrel. Read you manual and it will tell you how to clean it best. I personally do not have a Pro Hunter so let us know how it shoots for you.

cayuga said:
NBK

Welcome to the forum. It is good to have you here. It sounds like you have a beautiful dressed out Pro Hunter. It should serve you well. Just treat it like you would any other modern rifle. Keep it clean after you shoot it, and oil the barrel. Read you manual and it will tell you how to clean it best. I personally do not have a Pro Hunter so let us know how it shoots for you.

What part of Indiana I live in Harrison CO, & welcome
LB1

NBK,

Did you "season" the ultra-bore coat before sending your frame to Mike??

Choc-dog

choc-dog said:
NBK,

Choc-dog
I sent the frame to Mike first then ordered the Ultra Bore Coat kit. I just cleaned the barrel real good then cleaned it with the cleaning liquid that was supplied & did the Ultra Bore Coating according to the directions. As for seasoning the barrel i don't mess with seasoning the barrel because it's not anything like a cast iron skillet.

Hello NBX and welcome. I'm leaving my house shortly to go and order my Pro Hunter ML and I'm curious about the Ultra Coat you speak of. Where can I find some info on this because I maybe interested in this since it will be a new rifle?

Thanks

DC

NBK said:
choc-dog said:
NBK,

Choc-dog
I sent the frame to Mike first then ordered the Ultra Bore Coat kit. I just cleaned the barrel real good then cleaned it with the cleaning liquid that was supplied & did the Ultra Bore Coating according to the directions. As for seasoning the barrel i don't mess with seasoning the barrel because it's not anything like a cast iron skillet.

NBK,

What I meant by "seasoning" the barrel is once the bore coat has dried over night in the barrel the "Heat and Pressure" of firing the rifle is what
makes the bore coat adhere to the metal.

I shot a T/C Pro Hunter about 32 times...19 times with-out cleaning it. I am not sure the barrel is completely done. If you can load a T/C 19 times with 777 loose powder and shoot it with-out cleaning the in-side of the barrel the "BORE COAT WORKS.

Chocdog

In the directions it said after letting the Bore Coat dry shoot it 10 times or so. If that is what you meant, yes i seasoned the barrel by shooting it after letting the barrel set for 7 hours after coating the barrel. I thought you meant did i season the barrel before applying the bore coat.

NBK,

I would shoot another box of sabots in it when the weather breaks

Chocdog

Latest posts

Back