Got the Knight LRH ready

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK

Reaction score
I picked up feel like new Knight LRH this year
A very heavy gun especially with the thumbhole stock but a great shooter. It took me a little while to find the right loan but I settled on 84g weighed/120g volume. Fury STB green tip, & a Traditions Ridgeback sabot.
Right now I have the gun topped with a Sightmark Citadel GEN 2, 3 to 18 x 50 FFP scope.
I sighted in just a little high at 100 yards in a second hashmark holds dead on at 200

6FAEC25C-0C03-461F-9257-3F4247D3CFFE.jpeg19071520-8A26-439A-AD06-27EFBC0FD6D9.jpeg9DA59526-65DC-4A94-B003-DBD198DEC4F4.jpeg76993665-35E6-4202-BD7B-FDC3A826BFDA.jpeg

Great shooting! I killed a bull this year with my LRH

I would be cautious with that lead sled. I cracked the stock on my TC renegade using one. Heard stories of others doing the same. I still use mine, but without any added weights.

As regulations allow for hunting, I’m very content using my Knight M-Ls for deer hunting. I don’t have the LRH, but once dialed in it’s almost like a single-shot 308, of course a little less fps, with more drop. I like my shots under 125 yards as much as possible.

I may of taken my longest shot last year, didn’t range it, near 135 or so. I had plenty of time & a steady rest, planned to pass. The buck stood up, had a serious limp, and it was near time to quit, last day. The 10 pointer didn’t go over 10’ after the shot. It was a smaller 10 point, QDM property, IL. All I found with the deer was a hoof problem, deformity, I thought I would find a wound from another hunter, nothing obvious.

Great shooting! I killed a bull this year with my LRH

I would be cautious with that lead sled. I cracked the stock on my TC renegade using one. Heard stories of others doing the same. I still use mine, but without any added weights.
I don’t use it much. Just initially with some guns & then straight to the bags

Greg

As regulations allow for hunting, I’m very content using my Knight M-Ls for deer hunting. I don’t have the LRH, but once dialed in it’s almost like a single-shot 308, of course a little less fps, with more drop. I like my shots under 125 yards as much as possible.

I may of taken my longest shot last year, didn’t range it, near 135 or so. I had plenty of time & a steady rest, planned to pass. The buck stood up, had a serious limp, and it was near time to quit, last day. The 10 pointer didn’t go over 10’ after the shot. It was a smaller 10 point, QDM property, IL. All I found with the deer was a hoof problem, deformity, I thought I would find a wound from another hunter, nothing obvious.
They’ve changed our ML season here. For the last couple years we can use any gun season legal weapon. So I’m more likely to use my 350 or 450

Greg

Back