Grain scale recommendations?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody- been away for several months, but glad to be back! Anybody have a recommendation for an affordable and reliable grain scale? I'd like to use it to weigh black powder and subs, as well as field points and total assembled arrow weights. Thanks!

Welcome back.
I think that if you're going to add arrows to the equation, a digital scale would probably be the best bet as opposed to an old style balance beam scale.
I can't recommend a particular brand though.

I have used the Lyman MicroTouch scale for awhile and have been pleased with the results. It should be enough to get you started. If you plan to weigh a lot of charges then I would recommend purchasing an automatic scale like the Lyman Gen6 Digital Powder Measure. That will save you a significant amount of time.

JHSA..... Are you wiping the insides of your tubes with a drier sheet before filling? Helps reduce static cling with the powder.

Ordered the DS-750, thanks for the recs. Was finding that BH209 does not pour as well as 777 or real BP...easier to measure and pour at home and put into charge tubes for use at the range/field.
If you are going to weigh them you can also get a powder trickled to get that last .2 grains or whatever you are looking for.

Back