Grass or No Grass?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Ok we live in the woods, I mow what we have couple times a years, burn the leaves when they come off.

My wife thinks she wants Grass and I probably could grow some but there is cost of Seed, Fertilizer and mowing, plus I won't be able to burn like in the past.

When we lived in the Mountains we didn't have a Lawn. And my wife don't mow.

Thoughts???

oneshot

FrontierGander said:
Seed with Clover and have the best of both worlds.
She isn't wanting to draw Deer they are a problem already.

Plus have a KOA across the road and Animal Rights person next door that watches my every move.

oneshot

Do like they do in Arizona. Sand, rocks, cactus. If you don't have livestock, grass is useless.

patocazador said:
Do like they do in Arizona. Sand, rocks, cactus. If you don't have livestock, grass is useless.
Well that is what we had in Colorado did just fine. It was funny seeing a Ball Field with no grass.

oneshot

its your property, do what you want. as to the animal rights person next door. im not against them at all but they sure are open to play tricks on. have some fun, play some tricks on them. bet some people here could think up a few. they would go nuts next to our place. my son trapped all winter and their was dead every thing all over the place before he sold them all.

oneshot 1 said:
FrontierGander said:
Seed with Clover and have the best of both worlds.
She isn't wanting to draw Deer they are a problem already.

Plus have a KOA across the road and Animal Rights person next door that watches my every move.

oneshot
Stake a rabbit out in the front yard so you neighbor can see.  Then blast it while he's watching.  As far the grass goes:  Make you wife happy.  It's in your best interest.

I was never so happy than when mole crickets destroyed my lawn. But within 2 or 3 years another type grass took over. I still had to mow the crap.

My wife can read my mind. She said, "Oh no you don't" when I thought about letting the cows get into the yard 'by accident.'

if you have the money because its expensive. seed with buffalo grass seed. once it takes nothing can ruin it. mix some dutch white clover which is cheap with it. keep it watered until it takes. best grass you will ever have.

Lived next to Animal Rights people before. This one isn't bad as the last one. She says shoot them if you must then tries her best to run them off.

As far as Grass my wife hasn't said anything last few days. was going to get some Fescue if I planted anything.

Spent yesterday cutting Bush Honeysuckle. Got mostly Oaks and Cedar, they give me fits with Pollen but I like them.

oneshot

Latest posts

Back