Green Mountain Small Bore Drop ins

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I've found with these old sidelocks, very few things are truly a drop in fit! LOL, Be prepared to tinker, to me it's part of the fun in messing with these old guns

Once i get around to it my renegade will be off to Oregon barrel co for a fast twist 40 cal barrel its been a plan in the works for about a year now. I think i finally have the plans finalized so its just a matter of money for the barrel and mold from accurate now. Going to go with a 1in 14 twist so i can get into the long heavy bullets.

Fmfdred56 said:
Once i get around to it my renegade will be off to Oregon barrel co for a fast twist 40 cal barrel its been a plan in the works for about a year now. I think i finally have the plans finalized so its just a matter of money for the barrel and mold from accurate now. Going to go with a 1in 14 twist so i can get into the long heavy bullets.

That will be a REALLY FUN rifle!! And potent!! I've thought about a .40 as well, but feel the need for a little .32 Cal first, i want it to be a bullet shooter, round ball never has excited me.

The only round ball guns that interest me alot have the word bore in the name instead of caliber lol. Id really like to have a 6 or 8 bore round ball gun.

Fmfdred56 said:
The only round ball guns that interest me alot have the word bore in the name instead of caliber lol. Id really like to have a 6 or 8 bore round ball gun.

I agree, if i could own one without breaking the bank it would be neat! Id go 4 bore, The 8, and especially the 4 are definitely big WHOMPERS! That Round ball display that i recently took a picture of is impressive to see just how gigantic the 4 bore really is, Nearly 1500 Grains, the guy that built the 4 Bore told me the load for that rifle is 400 Grains of 2F

I just looked on the Oregon Barrel Co. web site and they list a drop in .32 15/16ths barrel. Not much for details, but I might call and see if they can make it to fit a T/C Seneca. I'd have a ball with one of those.

Edit... now that I think about it, the Seneca might be 13/16ths. Dang.

QuinnTheEskimo said:
I just looked on the Oregon Barrel Co. web site and they list a drop in .32 15/16ths barrel. Not much for details, but I might call and see if they can make it to fit a T/C Seneca. I'd have a ball with one of those.

Go ahead and call Joe. They not only do custom twist but contours too.

Just looked at the site.

Is this the Plug you would need? Seems so. Bet they would fit it right up too.

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun. ... Option=yes

QuinnTheEskimo said:

The Seneca's are 13/16ths, I have 2 .36 Cals, one has a semi rough bore, its not horrible, but ive thought seriously about sending it to Bob Hoyt and having him bore it out to .40 Cal, or maybe just have a custom barrel built for the stock? It's definitely not a priority at this point. Decisions Decisions

I have a .36 IBS Green Mnt. drop in 15/16" for my T/C Hawken. The rifle hasn't had it's original .50 cal barrel in it since the mid '90's. I bought the IBS Green Mnt. barrel in '88 from DGW. I think they were around $125 back then.

admiral said:
I have a .36 IBS Green Mnt. drop in 15/16" for my T/C Hawken. The rifle hasn't had it's original .50 cal barrel in it since the mid '90's. I bought the IBS Green Mnt. barrel in '88 from DGW. I think they were around $125 back then.

This is hope, Maybe I'll find one? I would really like the .32 Cal, I should have bought the one on Ebay!

Back