Gun safe dehumidifier

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a Golden Rod electric in my first safe in the early 1990’S. It is still as warm as the day I plugged it in. Two years ago I got a second safe. That Golden Rod Type is working fine. I like things that are simple, safe, and work.

Yeah, me too. I'm not sure the restore in the microwave is a good idea. Water vapor residue wouldn't be good where you cook food.

My old dehumidifier was a Dri-Rod 12" (Made in USA) I just ordered the same in 18". If this new one last 24 years I doubt I will be around for the next one...

I'm another fan of the Golden Rod dehumidifiers. They do work and they are inexpensive.

Does anyone know how these work? Is it a heater? Or does it pull moisture out somehow?

Does anyone know how these work? Is it a heater? Or does it pull moisture out somehow?
It's a heating rod with electric power. Run the cord through the back plug hole in your safe. The rod has attachable legs, and it sits horizontal in the bottom of the safe. Mine is just inside the door.
It gets hot to the touch which evaporates moisture.

Back