Guns of the West paper cartridge kits?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to include my update on my Guns of the West .44 paper cartridge kit. Just finished making up 12-25gr cartridges using the kit and nitrate paper. Now just waiting for the glue stick glue to dry and then I'll melt some lube and dip the cartridges.
Howdy mike,
Lost your email.

I think this .44 caliber former is compatible with a Walker. You can find it here: Paper Cartridge Former .44 Cal - Swift, Efficient Cartridge Creation How much powder charge are you using? I managed to make .45 caliber rifle cartridges with it (45 grains).
I made one from a wood dowel for my Dragoon holing 45 grains of Schuetzen and works just fine.
I have the GOTW kits in .36 and standard .44 and both work great. I did make dippers out of empty brass cases and super glued a thin wire handle to them.
I just ordered his capper star holding 12 caps. They fit both Remington and Colt platforms.

I made one from a wood dowel for my Dragoon holing 45 grains of Schuetzen and works just fine.
I have the GOTW kits in .36 and standard .44 and both work great. I did make dippers out of empty brass cases and super glued a thin wire handle to them.
I just ordered his capper star holding 12 caps. They fit both Remington and Colt platforms.
I just tried making paper cartridges for a Walker, Dragoon, and a regular Navy with this former, and it works just fine for all of them. I don't need to buy a 12-cap capper because I received it for free when I purchased the No. 10 and 11 cap maker kit.

Back