My new rifle.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been wanting a new target and maybe hunting rifle. Light enough. Accurate. Flat shooting. Knockdown for hunting and have settled on a Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech 6.5 Creedmoor 24.33" 1:8" with a Trijicon Tenmile HX Long Range 6x24x50.

Also have a Forstner Co Ax reloading press and a bunch of stuff to make it work.

I am trying to retire, but interesting and fun businesses pull me back into that arena, but at 80 plus and in great health, I am also pursuing firearms.

I have some black powder firearms and am now re-pursuing the interesting world of cartridge guns. Not sure I want to hunt but precision punching holes in paper is interesting. So with some good advice from members here, Time for a Tikka!

And the Evolution of the 6.5 Creedmoor!
https://www.outdoorlife.com/evolution-65-creedmoor/

Lets have some fun!

Last edited:
A nice cartridge, great rifle. I normally like barrels a little shorter for how I hunt, I also have the older 6.5, the Swede. One of my rifles is a modern CZ, so if desired, reloads can match a modern Creedmoor.

Keep yourself busy and moving. I see to many sit and get lazy. The health soon fails. Exercising the MIND is something I feel is often overlooked and imo is a big factor of dementia and alzheimers.

Congrats on the new adventure buddy

The 6.5 CM is a good cartridge that is very accurate and plenty potent enough for deer sized game. And the Tikka T3 is a great rifle. I have a T3 in 30-06 that is super accurate and the action is super slick. I handload for the 6.5 using 143 gr Hornady ELD-X bullets and H4350 powder. I did a lot of testing and found a good load for it after 6 months of trial and error.
Since the advent of the 6.5CM there have been other, better 6.5s designed but the CM will do the job you want it to do. My CM is a Bergara B-14 HMR and hitting 12" steel plates at 500 yards is not a problem once I had the scope dialed in. It pretty satisfying to hear that "tink" from the bullet hitting steel at that distance. Some guys on here shoot much further but I'm satisfied with that - for now!
Congratulations on your new toy.

Keep yourself busy and moving. I see to many sit and get lazy. The health soon fails. Exercising the MIND is something I feel is often overlooked and imo is a big factor of dementia and alzheimers.

Boy you got that right. I'm fortunate enough to have a loving wife that won't let me "get lazy". I tell her "I swear you look for things to do"! She's never heard of the phrase - if it ain't broke, don't fix it....LOL
She just smiles and keep on going and me too.

Absolutely! Get up in the morning and do something that excites you!
A-LIVE!

I have been wanting a new target and maybe hunting rifle. Light enough. Accurate. Flat shooting. Knockdown for hunting and have settled on a Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech 6.5 Creedmoor 24.33" 1:8" with a Trijicon Tenmile HX Long Range 6x24x50.

Also have a Forstner Co Ax reloading press and a bunch of stuff to make it work.

I am trying to retire, but interesting and fun businesses pull me back into that arena, but at 80 plus and in great health, I am also pursuing firearms.

I have some black powder firearms and am now re-pursuing the interesting world of cartridge guns. Not sure I want to hunt but precision punching holes in paper is interesting. So with some good advice from members here, Time for a Tikka!

Lets have some fun!
Got one.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    830.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2519.jpg
    IMG_2519.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Lets have some fun!

I am in my mid 70s and have a Bonaza c-axle press for 50 years. Same press but later sold to Forstner. When I was younger I love shooting big bore .458, .375 and .338 and medium bore and .22-250, .220. For the past ten years or so I enjoy shooting my .22 Hornet using less powder, .25 MOA and challenging wind deflection. Single shot Ruger No.3 and CZ 527 in .17 Hornet. A pound of powder goes a very long way. I also have a Thompson Contender in it too. Lots of fun. Little extra work using an additional Lyman “M” die due to thin cases. Great cheap fun with the high cost of powder these days and a challenge with the wind.

Boy you got that right. I'm fortunate enough to have a loving wife that won't let me "get lazy". I tell her "I swear you look for things to do"! She's never heard of the phrase - if it ain't broke, don't fix it....LOL
She just smiles and keep on going and me too.
My mom was like that. I remember her saying we're gonna build some new flower beds. Then smile and say aren't you honey. Dad just say yes i am.

Back