Guys with more then one muzzleloader.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwbaker

Reaction score
I have one muzzleloader how do you choose which one to hunt with ? Happy new year everyone ! 8)

I have 6 of them but only hunt with 2.
I use the omega 50 the most and sometimes I grab the knight 45.
I tryed to own just one but I have a addiction to smokers I just can't stop.
Been shooting them since I was 10 years old.

usually its one for the year. One Ill decide is most suited to whatever predominant conditions I may be hunting. Sometimes the newest. Sometimes Its an old standard that I notice hasn't been getting any attention.

I have two 50's and one 54. Lately the 54 has been getting the call since it is my favorite. However when I know it will be really nasty out I will take the oldest 50 with me. I has more scratches and dings so I am not afraid of adding one more.

Truth be told the 50 caliber is by far the most versatile. However I just love the 54 caliber these days. The introduction of some great pistol bullets for the 500 S&W has breathed new life into that caliber for me.

In any case if you keep shooting your ML you will catch the disease! You will end up with more than one rifle which will require you to choose as well. They fact that you are on this site is already a symptom of the malady! :lol: Enjoy!

I have more than one muzzleloader for different hunting applications. When I hunt out of state I use one of my specialty pistols like my Kahnke M82. When I hunt in state due to the law I use my TC Carbine with the 50 caliber barrel.

I have six. I shoot heavier loads than my daughter, she likes the lighter loads so we use different guns and of course when we are hunting together although we shared one during one season.

8)

I have 7 rifles between my in lines and side locks. I've gone for boar with the .58 cal hawken and brought the bacon home. I've hunted with my V2 and my MR and out of all of the them, I perfer the CVA MOUNTAIN RIFLE. It's lighter and shorter and I use a 275 grain bullet with 110 grains Black horn powder and that combo will bring down all the critters we have in the US.

Ray............ :yeah:

I am down to 15 right now after selling 3 a couple years back. I hunt with my .50 cal pistol, and whatever rifle trips my trigger. I have been thinking of downsizing some more, but it is easier said than done.

Charter member of Muzzleloaders Annonymous.

I have more then one rifle... and when I hunt I choose by where I will be hunting and in what conditions I will be hunting. If at all possible I like to use a flintlock.

I have several and am always playing around with loads, bullets, etc. tweaking stuff. I usually just pick one that I've been playing with and use it. All shoot well if I do my part. Lots of enjoyment in it for me to tinker and shoot. I have taken deer with all of them at sometime or other.

I have several muzzies,If hunting from blind or shooting house I use my redemption.Any other hunting my 45 omega.

For me, it sometimes is dictated by where I'm hunting and what type of shots I'll likely get. Sometimes if the weather is gonna be bad, that will dictate what I choose. Otherwise, I just go with what I feel I want to use at the time. Nice to have more than 1 option. I hunted alot of years with only 1, before I joined the ML addicts group about 5yrs ago. :lol: I recently acquired a new one that I'll have to break in next season.

Simple, i like light fast pointing/shouldering rifles for hunting. I have two dedicated and one backup that is a bit heavier. The rest were all bought with the intention of being range queens or fun guns. My light weights are not nearly as much fun on the bench.

I like to have a choice. I have 45 Hopkins & Allen a 45 Hawken , 3 54 caliber Hawken or Renegade in cap lock.
I have a 50 caliber Endeavor and a Triumph an Omega and a Encore I put together out of parts with a 45 Bergara barrel.
I have been retired for 23 year and I like to shoot fish and hunt as well as Master Gardener chairing 2 Projects and 2 committees.

I thought we could bait cayuga into counting all them rifles and giving us a number, but nope. Well played! :wink:

I sold five a couple weeks ago and I'm down to three. That's where I plan on staying, unless someone manufactures a 1:66 inline someday.

Busta he might be counting them all right now..

I have four but use my tc x7 mostly all hunting season.my whites are turning into safe queens but after i get my thunderbolt back from black ice I might use that .

Here's to a happy and healthy 2015 to all
Steve

Back