Harrells Sabot Brake/Rem 700 UML Questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogLeg

Reaction score
Guys, brand new here and been searching the web but have not turned up much luck with a couple specific questions.

I am upgrading my UML to include a brake, and also want to ditch the bell/carlson stock for something less bulky.

Harrells has two sizes of brake:
1 x 11/16 x 32 TPI, 45 or 50 caliber
1 x 3/4 x 24 TPI, 45 or 50 caliber

Which one of these are people going with and can recommend?

Also in regards to the stock, do you guys have any rants and raves about what you have liked/disliked? I carry a collapsible rod in the field and only use my one piece on the range, so my options should be pretty broad.

Thanks guys, appreciate any info. :partyman:

DogLeg said:
Guys, brand new here and been searching the web but have not turned up much luck with a couple specific questions.
I am upgrading my UML to include a brake, and also want to ditch the bell/carlson stock for something less bulky.

Also in regards to the stock, do you guys have any rants and raves about what you have liked/disliked? I carry a collapsible rod in the field and only use my one piece on the range, so my options should be pretty broad.

My .50cal BP Xpress uses the 3/4x24 TPI............. OAL is 1.750"
Get a thread protector too.

As for stocks, IMO if you're changing, go with something strong to withstand the recoil.
At present my rifle has the McMillan thumbhole, but I've ordered a McMillan Game Warden. I'm not disatisfied with the thumbhole but I'm trying to improve a couple things. I'm getting a longer LOP. Changing to a better fit 14" LOP over the standard 13.5". I also wanted a straighter stock without so much drop and also added the adjustable cheek piece. The thumbhole weighs just short of 2.5# IIRC and the Game Warden will weigh 2.5#

DogLeg said:

Check with Luke @ Arrowhead...He probably has what you need in stock.

Contact dennis at Harrells break.
He knows sabot breaks

Latest posts

Back