Harvester Boat tail sabot?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMAX

Reaction score
Has anyone shot the Harvester sabot made for use with the Barnes TMZ yet. I curious how this sabot would perform with BH209...Anyone?

I talked to the people at Harvester about this sabot. They had made a few for Toby Bridges to try out. Harvester suggested I called Barnes to see if they would endorse using this type sabot, thus more sabots could be made. I want to try the new flat base T-Ez bullet in a Crush Rib sabot.

tndeer said:
I talked to the people at Harvester about this sabot. They had made a few for Toby Bridges to try out. Harvester suggested I called Barnes to see if they would endorse using this type sabot, thus more sabots could be made. I want to try the new flat base T-Ez bullet in a Crush Rib sabot.

I did that. I tried the 290g Barnes T-EZ in a Harvester Black Crush Rib sabot. It was very loose going down the bore but that didn't seem to affect accuracy at all. That combo shot the same as the T-EZ with it's supplied sabot.

I saw the Harvester 50/45 sabots for boat tail bullets listed on the Harvester web-site.

I contacted Harvester yesterday and yes, these are the sabots Toby Bridges tested with the Barnes TMZ ...with excellent accuracy.

I'll have to try them.

Rob

Latest posts

Back