Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever tried the light blue crushed ribbed In comparison size wise. Just wondering the difference. The groups wasn’t terrible with the tan sabots but not great neither. I don’t like the fact that they were traveling 80+ yards down range. Also with the crushed ribbed sabots the bullets all were hitting 3-4 inches left of the bullets from the tan sabots
I had Harvester send me some samples of both. The crush ribbed was not as snug. There was not really that much of a difference accuracy wise. I liked how the smooth loaded better. My sabots are usually pretty much laying together down range around 25 - 30 feet away. I never tried the tan sabots.

I had Harvester send me some samples of both. The crush ribbed was not as snug. There was not really that much of a difference accuracy wise. I liked how the smooth loaded better. My sabots are usually pretty much laying together down range around 25 - 30 feet away. I never tried the tan sabots.
Thanks that’s what I wanted to hear I just ordered 50 of the smooth to try

Have you ever tried the light blue crushed ribbed In comparison size wise.

I use only the plain light blue sabots because I hunt with BH209 in one .45 and smokeless in the other and need to have a sabot that keeps adequate pressure on the powder mass. The crush ribs have pulled off the powder mass a couple times and the result was less than a happy day, so no more crush ribs in the woods or at the range just to keep things consistent.

Back